LCP

Gbro

The local gun dealer stated that the Ruger LCP might be discontinued because of a KelTec patent infringement.
Anyone hear anything about this?

I only planned on buying some Ammo that day and now the Mrs. has a new gun.
On the LCP forum there are people waiting months for one, and 2 were sold while I was in store.

Don H

Kinda hard to sue for patent infringement when there is no patent to be infringed.

I don't believe that KelTec has any patents on their pistol.

MrNiceGuy

my shop has a list of people waiting for their LCPs
they've sold ALLOT of them, yet none have ever hit the shelves.

me and my father are on the list now, we still have ~20 people in front of us
i've heard this rumor, and while the guns are similar, there will be no lawsuit

Sevens

Anyone who is on a waiting list for an LCP needs to make sure before they put any $$$ down that their cash is refundable or able to be forwarded to the purchase of something else.

Because if you keep looking, you'll run in to another store that has them. Doesn't mean they'll keep them in stock, but they have some kind of supply line that another shop doesn't have. The LCP is erratic in this way, some stores keep 40 people on a list and don't deliver, others have a half dozen in stock and turn them over daily.

I was in the big gun store in my area on Thursday and they have 4 or 5 of them. Won't do layaway on them, but were selling for $300.

BanditSRT8

1) Never believe the BS gun store clerks give you

2) If there were to have been any lawsuits, it would be Kel Tec suing Ruger for making their design better.... :cool:

Gbro

I was in the big gun store in my area on Thursday and they have 4 or 5 of them. Won't do layaway on them, but were selling for $300.

That is interesting,
Then the supply & Demand isn't driving prices up. That is good to hear.

funon1

If y'all find one, snatch it up

I don't know about any D/C Demand is far outstipping supply. I got mine on pure luck. I got there right when the store opened and they had just unpacked it, but had not even gotten it into the case when I heard them talking about it. I said "I'll take it." I am very glad I did. Bye-bye KT and hello LCP.

Funon1

MrNiceGuy

there's only really 2 gun shops in town and the "big" one is the one that cant get enough
the smaller one hasnt received any at all

the money is refundable, but short of ordering one online or taking a road trip this will be the best route

this is the easy gun to get though... i've been vigorously trying to find a px4 sub compact around here

CortJestir

Because if you keep looking, you'll run in to another store that has them.

And this is exactly how I stumbled across mine. Wanted to get one but had pretty much abandoned all hope of finding one on demand. As luck would have it, one of the local gun stores I frequent came upon a freak stash of 5 of them. I bought one. The rest were gone by the end of the week.

It's just one of those things...

Gbro

Took the Mrs. out to test fire it this afternoon. She loves it:(, I will have to buy something else now;).
MrNiceGuy,
i've heard this rumor,
I just didn't want to continue a rumor.

We fired at 21ft. and she grouped 10" A-eagle 95 FMJ

How do others shoot?

Post group size=
Distance=
cartridges=

Thanks

HowardCohodas

Ruger is going all out in their production of the LCP including adding another line and 49 employees. I recall hearing they produce one every 52 seconds. They planned on around 30,000 the first year. When it was introduced at the Shot show they walked out with orders for 87,000. Their new goal is 100,000 for the first year.

The problem is, it's a very popular item.

orionengnr

That is interesting,
Then the supply & Demand isn't driving prices up. That is good to hear.

I saw them three months ago for $439. Then $399. Then $369. Now they commonly show up at $349, and sometimes less. I am talking Gun Show prices, which are generally inflated.

I do not frequent gun shops, because I don't have one nearby. However, my FFL quoted me $256 a number or of months back...unfortunately, she had none available. That all changed about three weeks ago. Got a 28xxx s/n LCP plus a spare Ruger mag, plus tax, fees, etc, for under $300 OTD.

And it shoots great. :)

I would posit that supply is catching up with demand.

Gbro

That all changed about three weeks ago. Got a 28xxx s/n LCP

And this one is 57xxx, There seems like a plugged up flow somewhere:rolleyes:
Then maybe yours was a return. Extra mag is somewhere $20-25

WVleo

Broken LCP

Hi, I have been waiting for Ruger to return My Broken LCP since they recieved it on 9-24-08 at there Az plant for total trigger failure. It only took the LGS 1 week to get it for Me. Biggest waste of $312 I ever spent. I am finding that there Customer Service is as bad as the little pistol they made. Sure they have great demand for this pistol and even tho the Ruger Cheerleaders say they'll stand behind it ( I'm sure they will chime in soon ), but as for Ruger reliability :barf:, thats a joke. 18 rounds threw a defensive purpose only weapon and it breaks. And if they can produce 1 every 52 seconds or so why the 4 week turn around to fix 1 already paid for :confused:. My last Ruger anything.................WVleo

WVleo

Just got off the phone with what Ruger jokingly calls Customer Service and they are just getting to My broken LCP which they have had back in there possession since 9-24-08 . Have not even looked at it yet, which tells Me either they are swamped with LCP returns or just terrible at Customer Service. Either way the P.O.S. Ruger LCP I bought back in September is still only good for a rock ! I didn't know Lorcin bought out Ruger .................WVleo

Gatorhugger

The rumor that just won't die.

Hey, Wvleo, you are right, it's a trash gun, when you get it back how about cutting your losses and selling it to me for $200? I will fiddle with it and try to make it work.

I really want one and if I were you I wouldn't trust it. Try a Beretta, sell the LCP.

WVleo

Gatorhugger wrote :Hey, Wvleo, you are right, it's a trash gun, when you get it back how about cutting your losses and selling it to me for $200? I will fiddle with it and try to make it work.

I really want one and if I were you I wouldn't trust it. Try a Beretta, sell the LCP.

Cheerleading soots You gator hugger .
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F about your opinion. I am stating facts about the LCP I purchased. There will be a day when someone tries to use this defensive weapon to protect themselves and when it only goes click will You be so arrogant then ? ................WVleo