LCP Longevity?

Stan200

I really enjoy shooting mine. My friends do too. It's a hoot to shoot and it's very accurate for such a small gun. In fact I'd say it is starting to see as much range time as my other pistols. I've only had it for a few weeks and I already have ~750 rounds through it (not a single problem I might add, great pistol).

I would normally say great,the more broken-in the better, but I'm a little worried of overstressing the little pistol. I carry it as a primary weapon (for me it's better to have a small gun on me than a large one at home). I am therefore worried about wearing it out.

Any comments? Anyone shoot one too failure? What parts should I be looking at and what type of failures should I eventually expect? What parts should I replace regularly (if any...other than the main spring). Also, I can't remember, how is Ruger on warranty?

DBAR

With a gun like that, I have my own opinion.

It's made to be carried a lot, and shot a little. Just like the Smith and Wesson Air Weights.

If I where going to the range a lot (which I do), I'd get another hand gun for plinking.

Just my opinion.

kayakersteve

For the money and security it offers, just shoot it!

Worst case; you wear it out and accuracy problems develop - I doubt it would ever become unsafe. They are cheap enough that you can buy another if you shoot it enough to wear it out.

tblt44

If I were you I would get an extra mainspring(both)and guide rod and keep on hand and replace between 1000 and 1500 rounds.Remember you want it to work when you need it.Kahr told me to replace my mainspring about every 1500 rounds on my CW 9.My LCP has 400 rounds without a problem,I just got it back from the rcall