Last purchase - no, really

ligonierbill

The safe is overfilled, I've spent more than I should, and it's time to stop buying and start shooting. Of course, as my wife reminds me, I've said that before. This can be addictive. So, rather than bragging about my latest, I will list what I will not buy this year. No snakes. No 28 gauge because I have the others. No 327 Federal or .32 Long Colt. No Model of 1873, Winchester or Colt. Just powder and shot. What will you not buy this year?

Tucker 1371

I've reached the same conclusion. The only thing I can see adding to the armory at this point is a turkey hunting shotgun.

My truck is going to take the place of guns as my new money pit lol.

Can't take it with you when you go, right?

surveyor

You can either buy another safe,
Or a reloading press, components, tools,accessories, dies for each caliber you own,
And keep them fed.

I ended up doing both...
The acorn brand nylon holsters with the velcro on the back of them will free up a lot of room for handgun storage as they can be stuck on the carpeted interior of the safe...

aarondhgraham

Where have I heard that before?

Where have I heard that before?

I think I said it one time,,,
About a dozen or so guns ago. :eek:

Aarond

ligonierbill

I just had to rant. In fact, I do have dies and supplies for every caliber I own, .41 Long Colt included. Looking towards retirement, when I'll have less money, but the great luxury of time. Right now I have, I think, a half dozen guns I've yet to fire. That bugs me. But I'm still tempted. I will have the first (M1877) and last (Army Special) of the old 41's, and I thought to try for the other models Colt chambered thus. Turns out there are three other models, only one of which can be had for near to a grand for a good one. Know the Model of 1878, a larger frame DA? I didn't, but it apparently shows up in the movie Tombstone. The Model 1889-1892 is fairly common. And, of course, the good 'ole M1873 was chambered in .41 Colt after the M1877 came out. So that's one path to get me after more. Not till I have everything shootin' though.

DaleA

I think, a half dozen guns I've yet to fire. That bugs me.

That would bug me too.

Do you have a place to shoot?

Me, not so much. When I was a kid growing up a short bicycle ride and you were out of town and could shoot gophers or tin cans in the ditch.

The YMCA had a rifle range.

When I was a young man the company I worked for sponsored a gun club and we could shoot at an indoor range one night every week-just the company club that night so it was pretty loose and fun. Now, it's the commercial indoor range with the public or nothing-at least in the winter time.