Laser Max for a Glock 17

blackamos

I am thinking about buying a LaserMax laser for my Glock 17. I was wondering if any one was one and if they like it?
Thanks in advance, Amos

branrot

I have one for my G23, does that count?

I like it. While I'm not sure if I were to use it in a combat situation, it is a blast at the range. It's fairly accurate, and is very impressive. You also don't need to limit yourself to special holsters. Finally, it is fairly easy to install with the step by step video.

My only complaint is that sometimes if I'm shooting with it off, it will flip itself on automatically.

One more thing, I had a problem with it and called LaserMax for a replacement. Their customer service was excellent, and they shipped the piece out immediately, free of charge.

rkmstr

I have one for my G31. It is in a box. Shot high and right 7in. at 7 yds. Tried it in several other guns and it was off to some degree in all of them. Don't feel like sending it and the gun to lasermax for adjustment. Nice Idea, but I think it really doesn't work well in most pistols without factory adjustment. I would spend my money on other toys. Like the previous post, it is a good conversation piece on the range, but I wouldn't put my life on it. When darkness falls and the lights go out at my house, I slip the M3TI light on my G23.

Gary

slickpuppy

I spoke with Lasermax a few weeks ago on one for a G30 that was having problems and mentioned I previously had one for a G17. The guy on the line told me point blank that they had some serious reliability issues on the model for the G17. They were still working the kinks out of it according to him.

I use mine for dry fire practice exclusively. The spring life, according to Lasermax is about 2 to 3000 rounds. Not very good for as much as I shoot, but, I don't shoot much in low light. Besides, I always pop it out and put the regular guiderod in when shooting in daylight anyway.

Stan Foster

I have had a Lasermax in my Glock 23 for over a year now and I am totally satisfied with it. They guarantee it to be within 2 inches point of aim at 20 yards. Mine started off within one inch point of aim and remains that accurate after 2000 rounds. I do a lot of range practice and nothing beats open sight shooting for acquiring and keeping good basic shooting skills. However I always shoot a tighter group with my laser on. I take my 23 squirrel hunting and last year quit after bagging 30 squirrels. I have 12 since Aug. 1st for this season. There is absolutely no comparison with trying to get a squirrel with open sights against putting a red dot on him. You would not believe the targets you can hit with it. It is the best money I have ever spent on my hobby. Good luck