Laser boresighter

skeeter1

I tried out my laser boresighter today in the .357 Magnum Marlin 1894C, and I'm glad I did. The factory settings on the scope weren't anywhere near close. The longest I could sight here in the house was ~40'.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP800-1125-1438.html

I've got the windage set perfectly, and set the scope about 1" high at this distance. I figure the .38Spl +Ps should be good for 50yds, and the .357s for about 100yds.

Time to go to my friend's farm and fine tune it. :)

CrustyFN

I did that with my Marlin 981T 22 rifle. I was able to sight it in at 50' in my house with my bore sight. I went to the range and stuck up a 5" shoot-n-see target at 50 yards. Aiming at the center the bullet just hit enough of the edge of the target to see how to adjust. I feel that it would have taken me a lot longer to sight in my gun if I didn't use the bore sight because I probably wouldn't have been in the target on the first shot without the bore sight. I didn't think to try it at 50' to see if it was on or not.
Rusty

skeeter1

I'll let you all know when I get out to the farm, which might not be for another month. At any rate, the default factory settings on the scope wouldn't have hit the broad side of a barn, let alone a target. I'm sure the boresighter at least got me in the ballpark.