LaRue trigger parts-separate, or a completed trigger Group?

My original question at THR describes my search for a trigger Group-completed, One unit.
The objective (for a family member gift) is a single-stage trigger group, shipped in One Unit from a factory, better than milspec for approx. $120 or less.

A few responses concerning various trigger brands seem to be unclear whether they are discussing separate, small trigger components, which requirie assembly, or a completed trigger Group.

Back to LaRue's popular single-stage discounted to $99. Their website depicts several components. Must they be assembled for the $99 price? If so, does LaRue do this, included in the sale price?

Last edited:

marine6680

I do not think you will find any drop in single unit triggers for that low of a price.

Any trigger that is piece parts will need to be dropped into the receiver just like the mil spec one.

Its a really easy job.

rickyrick

Looks like there's a wait for the 99$ trigger.

$99 is the no hurry price.

Quite a bit more to get it faster.

The trigger shown installs in a similar fashion as a standard AR trigger.

marine6680/rickyrick: It seems that the words "drop in trigger (group?)" were not explained anywhere. On my pair of SKS the groups are always one single unit, although inserted from below. Watched two videos of component installation. I'm sure that my 59 yr-old brother could do it.

rickyrick

The instructions for an AR trigger seems more complicated than it really is. If you or your brother pay attention to how the springs lay and holding the disconnector in with the trigger, it will be a snap. After you do it once, it's a breeze. You might just take the old one out and reinstall for practice.

Most don't requir the safety selector to be removed, but I have run into one rifle that I had to remove the safety selector, I think it's a rare occurrence.

ed308

LaRue's MBT is a two stage trigger (2.5 + 2 lbs). At $99 for the I can wait price, its a steal IMO. It took around 30 days for mine to ship when I ordered it. I installed mine last night tried it today. I will be buying more and may even replace some Timney single stages triggers in some of my ARs. It's not all that difficult to install and the instructions are very detailed. I did have to uninstall my the selector switch (LWRC SIX8). When it comes to installing triggers, Timney single stage AR triggers are slightly harder to install. LaRues and Geissele usually only involved removing two pins. With the Timney triggers, you have to remove the pins plus install a couple of hex nuts to lock the trigger into place.

Last edited:
CMC triggers are on sale (25% off) at Primary Arms; that drops their single stage to $126, which is about as close to your limit as you're likely to find.

Odin Works just had a flash sale on their single stage drop-in triggers for $80, but they're sold out now (only 10 were available at the sale price).

Made a decision, the LaRue.

Thanks for the interesting variety of advice:), but it was time to make a decision and my brother has certain preferences with no background owning any AR.