Large ring mauser magazine and floor plate length-Need Help!

HankC1

I have 2 large ring mauser trigger guards that have the same action screw spacing as the "standard" 98 mausers but the magazine length are 3/16" shorter than the standard 98 mauser magazine and use shorter floor plates. One has a half moon marking, no capture screws, I believe it is some sort of Turkish mauser, I suspect it is 1903 Turk mauser which is supposed chambered for shorter 7.65 round. The other does not have the moon marking and has capture screws, I believe Turk mausers do not have capture screws. Anyone knows what type of mausers they are for and how do I find a proper length floor plate since I am short of one. Is there any mauser trigger guard and floor plate guide out there? I know they are not small ring mausers' since the action screw spacing is large ring's, fit my 98 mauser just fine. I believe small ring mausers, 93/95, use the same floor plates as 98 large ring mausers. Picture below show the short floor plate side by side with 98 mauser floor plate, they look identical except length. I need to buy another short floor plate, but don't know what mauser it is for.

DSC00080_zps4abe37f3.jpg

Last edited:

HankC1

The short floorplate is measured 3.82" , i.e. 3-53/64",(mag well opening length 3.12"). Standard 98 floorplate is 4" long (mag well opening length 3.31").
I posted the question at gunboards forum, one member checked his Turk 1903 mauser and found 1903 floorplate measures 3-53/64". Updating this thread; hopefully, this info may help next person.