lakefield model 64b

T_PRO_Z

I just bought a lakefield .22 rifle and I want to know if I got a good deal. I only paid 75$ for it but it hadn't ben cleaned in about 2 years. I cleaned it up good and it runs flawlessly and it is in remarkable shape other than some suface rust on the barrel and a few dings in the stock.

if you all have any experience with this rifle, let me know if it was good or bad.

:)

SIGSHR

I bought one new from K-Mart years ago. Good shooter, magazines readily available, only problem with mine is the front sight is too low for me.

T_PRO_Z

I stripped it and cleaned it thoroughly yesterday evening and shot about 30 rounds at an old oven door I had placed about 130 yards out and I hit it every time when I figured out the elevation. the grouping wasn't good but at 130 yards, I was very pleased with its performance.

godale

I believe it's a older savage product , on the bolts the mags are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_PRO_Z

I believe that savage bought them out, but don't hole me to that. I have heard lakefield, cooey, and savage mentioned in the same sentence accommodating the mention of this rifle.

it really looks like it has decent quality, but its not a 10\22. I do like the full steel frame though.

godale

Upon looking it up they were made in Canada and bought out by savage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T. O'Heir

"...Lakefield, Cooey and Savage mentioned in the same sentence..." That's because they're all the same thing. Lakefield is owned by Savage and still makes 'em up here for Savage. Bought my Cooey for $50 with two mags over 40 years ago. Geezuz. It's 44 years ago.
Cooey was bought out by Winchester in 1967.
Lakefield has been known as Savage Canada since 1969. Pretty much all of Savage's .22's are made there.