lake city 308 made in 1983

fubsy

I ran accross 500 rounds of this today and dont know what a good price would be for it,,,,the guy wants .25 cents a piece.....hows that for price?
I wasnt sure were to post this...hope this will be ok....fubsy.

HankL

Fusby, You are probably talking about regular ball ammo and at $5.00 a box doesn't sound like a bad deal to me if it doesn't look like it's been left out in the weather or anything
weird like that.
Good Shooting, Hank

fubsy

Hank,
It is ball ammo, and it is that lake city ammo,,,,,why is that stuff considered so good or am I under the wrong impression about that?..fubsy.

HankL

Fubsy, Sorry about misspelling your handle earlier. It is the Lake City match and special ball ammo that has the claim to fame.
The ball ammo , M59 and M80 was regular production. It's good quality U.S. made ammo.
Hank

Engineer

500 rds. of remanufactured LC .308 (Talon) is going for $129.99 in its own ammo can. (Dennis Hardware, St, Louis MO) Same price for 400 rds. of LC '69 M2 ball.

FWIW

fubsy

I have limited knowledge on that rifles and ammo for it,,,,but the dealer Im getting it from says that its good stuff,,,so who knows ,,,,,and it does come in its own ammo can,,,,and tks for that other source for ammo as well........now ive got to save up and buy another m1a,,,,,,,dont worry about the handle mispelling, I didnt even notice, besides to get upset over that would be rather silly no?....fubsy.