Labradar App....

reddog81

Looks interesting. I've had problems starting a new series on the unit. Hopefully the iPhone interface will be easier to use.

PhillySoldier

New labradar owner here. So far at least I havent had any problems navigating the settings right on the chrono itself. I didnt see anything in the app video that I cant already do.

ed308

From what I've read, the App will have the same controls as the Labradar unit. So, the App will be able to control the unit. I like that for times where the Labradar is further away and display is hard to read. Or if using an iPad, you can have a larger display.

It may address some triggering issues on the rifle bench by letting you put the unit out on a tripod a few inches ahead of the muzzle, where you can't easily reach it, to ensure the muzzle blast can trigger it.

Incidentally, when I bought my Pressure Trace I bought a copy of RSI Shooting Lab software with it. Since RSI now carries the Labradar, they have upgraded the software to take the Labradar text data files and find BC's and drag functions for your bullet from them. It's not hard to get BC's from free online software (JBM Ballistics), but calculating drag coefficients to create a bullet's drag function takes a little math and physics, so this may be more convenient for those not comfortable with doing that.