LA County Sheriffs Election?

LonWilson

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Election?

I'm not from LA or anything, but from what I understand, Sheriff Baca is up for re-election, and his two opponents have said (especially Stites) that they would issue licenses to anyone who applies who is otherwise not prohibited by CA and Federal law.

From what I understand, Baca is currently under a lot of scandal, especially with the Sheriff's office being 100 million over budget, ticket fixing, his involvement in the Vignali pardon, and so on.

Is there any chance of one of his two opponents winning?

Last edited:

SIGarmed

I'll have to admit that I haven't kept up to speed on whats going on with the Sheriff. I hope he loses though. We need a Sheriff that will protect the common folks and not just his celebs and freinds.

jimpeel

You can bet that the Gun Owners Action Committee (GOAC) will be heavily involved in this one evetn though they are based in Orange County.

Jay Baker

Baca is extremely anti-guns-owned-by-the-serfs. He does not believe that the serfs have any rights, much less a right to self defense.

Baca Is Caca! J.B.

Quartus

Isn't Baca the guy who barely won after his opponent (the loooooong time Sherrif) died during the last few weeks of the campaign?

He was an up-from-the-ranks guy, IIRC. Don't know any more about him. But I DO know that this is an important race.