Kydex N frame thigh rig?

IDAHOMIKE

Just wondering, is anyone aware of someone making a Kydex Thigh rig that fits an N frame Smith? Any help would be appreciated.

Jim March

Ummmm...no.

But...OK, this is a side-track...you DO understand that the reason the military has gone to thigh rigs ("tactical" rigs) is because most are wearing either backpacks, armor or both, enough so that belt-level carry is impossible?

If you're going backpacking, a thigh rig makes a ton of sense. But for any other purpose...? Yeah...not a great idea in most cases.

IDAHOMIKE

Jim,
I suppose I should have included some rationale for wanting one.
Backpacking was one of the reasons. My family and I are going on a hikin/fishing trip and have to pack it in.
Another reason is the fact that my employ causes me to sit in a tractor for extended periods. I figured a thigh rig would allow me to carry something more effective, yet out of the way. We are rife with coyotes here and orders from the boss are to shoot on sight.
I find that beltholster become uncomfortable with a largeish gun sitting in the seat. Shoulder holsters make my back hurt.
Anyhow, after trying a thigh rig containing a 1911 belonging to my brother, it seemed like a good solution, yet I am most comfortable being aremed with a revolver, preferably of the double action persuasion.