Kydex IWB holster for XDsc 9mm

seeker_two

I'm looking for a good kydex IWB holster for my XDsc 9mm. I've looked hard at the Comp-Tac Infidel, and I'd like info about it from its users. Also, I'd like to know if there are any others I should consider....

Also, a friend recommended that I get the full-sized XD holster because the extra length will help stabilize the gun. Any truth to this?

Many thanks.....

stmcelroy

Comp-tac makes nice stuff.

Get the one that fits your gun. If you're going to get a bigger holster, might as well get the bigger gun to go in it.

MyGreenGuns

I'm curious as to why you picked Kydex for IWB carry.

I'm not bashing your decision, just curious why you didnt go with traditional leather.

seeker_two

I choose kydex b/c of its thinness, durability, and cost. My XDsc has a durable enough finish that kydex will wear little. And I prefer the retention methods of kydex holsters over leather ones.

As for the arguement about having a holster that rigid IWB....I counter that I already have something rigid in my pants....my XDsc.....

vvanders

seeker_two, you might want to see a doctor about that ;).

I'm a pretty big fan of Comp-Tac's MTAC, I've got one for my P220 Compact and it great. With a solid belt you almost don't know that it's there:

6176534261_2884bdf879_z.jpg

6176534451_7deb2a33de_z.jpg

Adjustable cant is nice and the leather backing makes it comfortable to wear for a long time, has excellent retention as well.

zenner22

Check out http://pjholster.com/

PJ holsters has made me 2 iwb holsters, one for my Walther P99, the other for my P99 Compact. I initally had him do one for the compact only because I was a bit skeptical of IWB with kydex. But I liked it so much I bought one for the full size P99. It was surprisingly comfortable and I liked not having to fight to reholster like you do with many of the cheaper leather brands.

If your model is not on his gun list, don't worry, email him and I'm sure he'll be able to accomodate. Short wait time and only $40. A real deal.

I don't think I'll be putting my 1911s in kydex anytime soon but I have no problem putting a plastic gun in a plastic holster. Don't know why I'm like that, but I am.