KY Jim's Taurus 1911 Poll

How many rounds have you put through your Taurus 1911?

• Less than 1,000 rounds

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • 1,000 to 5,000 rounds

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 5,000 to 10,000 rounds

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 10,000 to 20,000 rounds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20,000 to 30,000 rounds

• Over 30,000 rounds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kreyzhorse

I'm challenging Taurus 1911 owners to tell how many rounds they've put through their guns and to tell if you've had any problems or not.

I think KY Jim's post is a good post on how the Taurus 1911s are performing. Here is a working poll.

(Not trying to steal your thread Ky Jim, it's a great question and I'm curious how they are performing myself.)

Gaimen

B - ~1500 rounds

Great gun but two problems.

OEM magazine springs are too weak after a year.
My slide stop was out of spec and I replaced it.

No problems now and very reliable.

BanditSRT8

Wait... there's someone here that actually named themselves "KY Jim"??

What's next, "Vaseline Sally" or "Lube Me Up Lou"?

Rebelbred

Pt1911

I've put less than 200 rounds through the Taurus I bought in March, 2008 because the two times I took it to the range the thumb safety fell out after about 60 rounds. I also had misfires apparently caused by light hammer hits which might be related to the safety problem.

Taurus has had it in their Florida service facility for almost 3 months.:mad:

The dealer I bought it from said the safety fell out of one of the other two he had in his shop besides the one I bought. That one fell out while a potential buyer was handling the pistol!

The dealer replaced both ambi safeties on those two with conventional safeties and sold them as used guns at a loss. Not surprisingly he is not stocking PT1911's again.

madmag

Wait... there's someone here that actually named themselves "KY Jim"??

OK, Stop. I am from Kentucky. As you sit writing on this forum, Kentuckians are secretly breeding in the caves of Ky. Soon they will emerge and we will take our dominate (rightful) place on earth.

We are keeping a list of names.:cool:

BanditSRT8

KY as in KENTUCKY JIM,I would guess but wow what a segway there.LOL.

OK, Stop. I am from Kentucky. As you sit writing on this forum, Kentuckians are secretly breeding in the caves of Ky. Soon they will emerge and we will take our dominate (rightful) place on earth.

We are keeping a list of names.

LOL!! D'oh! How did I not catch that? KY... Kentucky... gotcha.

:D

Carry on....

michael t

Does Taurus subcontract through IMBEL for their 1911 frames and slides like Springfield?

I read this is all in house Their show from start to finish. I had 2 bad experiances with their guns and service I won't buy any thing they make

KyJim

Thanks for doing the poll Kreyzhorse. I've done a poll before but couldn't get it to work for some reason.

And yes, the KY does proudly stand for Kentucky, the most gun friendly state per the Brady campaign. I don't use the other KY -- after all, it is water based and would rust my shooter.

Kreyzhorse

Proud to live in the city with the largest per capita carbon footprint in the USA

Ky Jim - just curious, what city would that be? I'd guess one in N. Ky but that would be you know, just a guess.

KyJim

I live in Lexington. There was a story a couple of weeks ago saying Lexington had the largest carbon footprint per capita of any city in the country. I'm sure that's because our electricity is generated by coal and there are a lot of commuters for a city this size. I commute to Frankfort most days via Hwy 60 and through some beautiful countryside. My sig line is really just a tweak at political correctness. Maybe N. Ky. has a larger footprint but they didn't even count it because there is not just one "large" city.

To keep this post on topic, so far it looks like there's not many who have put a lot of rounds through the Taurus. But, that makes some sense. If you're going to buy enough ammo to put a high number of rounds through the Taurus in the relatively short time they have been manufactured, you're probably going to get a higher priced gun to begin with.

Last edited:

rduckwor

217 Rounds standard 45 ACP - Broke

Repaired, returned: 147 rounds - same stoppage recurred. Sent it back and told them to send me my money back. They agreed.

Verdict: Mine was a POS.

RMD

King Ghidora

Another proud Kentuckian, the home of the rifle that won the west. I live just across the border in Ohio now but I'm still a KY guy at heart. And just so you know they didn't name the jelly after us.

And I really don't like that breeding with their kin remark. Regional prejudice has made it hard enough for people from the great state of Kentucky. It's time the wise cracks were over.

If you think things are bad in KY come by sometime and I'll show you what they ship out of NYC and hide in southern Ohio. I'm talking kids raised in closets that don't know what a bar of soap is and that's a literal statement. Trust me I've seen far more of that sort of thing come out of the NE corridor than I've ever seen in KY and they have them all locked up in a place called the Edgemeade Of Ohio Center in Lawrence Co., Ohio. You won't find a web site about it because they don't want anyone to know about it. You will find it mentioned on some maps but they certainly don't have a web site. Zoom in on the map for a good look. They put it at the end of a long road way out in the middle of a national forest surrounded by miles and miles of woods and they keep the gate locked to keep out any curious types.

Trust me NYC tried to bury their problems there. My wife worked there for a while but it was way too dangerous for her. I've been there many times to get my wife out alive when they were having the almost daily riot. I still have a good friend that works there. He can probably get us in for a guided tour.