kudos to the Wilson KZ45 and Terry Peters!

bk40

I picked up my new Wilson KZ45 y'day. Have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet. This is Wilson's polymer frame 1911 .45 designed around a 10rd capacity metal mag. This mag is properity to Wilson and costs about $40, but heh, have you checked the prices on 10rd factory mags from HK, Browning... lately. I'm sure most of you have read ArmySon's KZ45 report, not much I can add...

I was a little concerned about the grip size, as owners I contacted told me it was similar to the Glock 17/22... fortunately for me it feels much more like a 1911 single stack than the Glock. Only real difference between a single stack 1911 is the front strap is a little "blockier" but this will present no problems for average to small hand sizes.

Looking over and field stripping the KZ was a pleasure. My pistol leaves nothing to be desired in the fitting of the barrel and slide-to-frame. Typical Wilson quality. The trigger pull is just as you'd want in a defensive 1911 style pistol, just enough takeup and a crisp and clean break that measured exactly 4 lbs. My pistol differs only from the std KZ45 in that it has Wilsons adjustable sights rather than the fixed night eyes. The sight picture is very similar to the Bomar. Rear sight has 2 yellow tritium inserts with a green front, which is my favorite night sight pattern in a 3 dot setup.

IMO this pistol is an ideal choice for a HD weapon (which is my primary intended usage), CCW (no more difficult than any govt size 1911), IDPA....etc. This is one heckuva buy for $995 with fixed NS / $1125 with the adj NS.

I have to put in a plug for Terry Peters. His website- www.pt-partners.com
Terry was outstanding in every way. He found me this pistol, took time out of his busy schedule (he is a fulltime LEO) to talk with me and promptly returned every call and email. He is a true gentleman whose word is his bond! The extras he does for his customers was a pleasant surprise to me and most appreciated. If your looking for a Wilson, Ed Brown, Baer or other high quality 1911 (he stocks other 1911s and custom guns as well) give Terry a call, you won't be disappointed.

buzz_knox

bk40, is the grip blocky like a Springfield? That's my only concern. I adore the rounded feel of a Colt but don't care for SAs because of the blockier frontstrap.

bk40

buzz, I have not handled the SA. I've owned several STI's and a PO P13 and the Wilson is much closer to the singlestack than these 2. The blockiness is there but very slight.