Kudos to Kimber

Microgunner

I took my Kimber Rimfire Target dedicated .22lr 1911-A1 from my safe for comparison to my new RIA XT22 and noticed, or re-noticed I should say, that the extractor in my Kimber is completely worn out from countless rounds down range. Pistol still works fine unless you're trying to extract a live round and then the problem rears it's head.
Could not find the part on Kimber's website so I gave them a call.
Now keep in mind that this a pistol purchased new in 2004 or 2005 and has untold rounds down the tube and Kimber simply asked for my address to mail me a replacement extractor and extractor spring free of charge.
Thanks Kimber.

ClydeFrog

Kimber America...

At one point in the mid-2000s, Kimber America stated they sold more 1911a1 type semi-auto pistols then any other US brand. ;)

A few PDs & owners have said the company has problems with QC but it looks like somebody is doing good work in Yonkers. LOL

ClydeFrog

BoogieMan

I hope they come around and you find out its some oversight. They make a great firearm and have the ocasional issue the same as anyone else. It seams like there CS is just lacking compared to some other manufacturers.