Kudos to CZ

Boarhunter

I wanted to take a moment and brag on CZ-USA and the manner in which it handled a problem with one of its/my guns.

Some time ago, I added an early-production CZ Duty to my "accumulation" with the intention of using the gun in local IDPA matches and carrying the gun concealed for self-defense. The gun fit the bill for both tasks admirably, and its performance far exceeded its purchase price ($399 at Larry's Pistol & Pawn; Huntsville, Alabama). Reliability and accuracy were superb. The DA trigger was not stellar, but I carry cocked-and-locked so that was of no concern to me.

In any event, I was delighted with the gun until approximately 1,500 rounds had been fired through it, and then a problem developed...the magazines no longer dropped free. An internet search disclosed that some early-production guns had this same problem, so I sent it back to the company requesting repair.

After a relatively short period of time, the gun came back to me free of the offensive problem and far cleaner than it was when I sent it to the factory. I looked at the serial number of the gun returned and then realized that CZ-USA had replaced my gun with a new gun!

I am very pleased with the company's handling of the problem, and can recommend, without reservation, its products to anyone interested in accurate, reliable, fair-priced firearms. I also own a CZ-75 and plan to add additional models to my pile as time goes on.

In any event, I share my experience with you for what it might be worth. CZ is OK in my book.

Boarhunter

FishEngineer

Yep, I had a very minor issue with a new CZ and they took care of it (sent a part) quickly. A real person answered the phone and offered to let me talk to a gunsmith to discuss replacing the part. They didn't even check if the gun was still under warranty.