KSG

Beentown71

What is the latest on this shotgun? They had big fanfare but after the actual release not happening it has seemed to fizzle.

oneounceload

The few that seem to have made have also been reportedly up for sale in the $2K range. Production does not seem to be going in high gear at the moment

C0untZer0

I think George Kellgren is basically a weapons designer. He invents stuff, and that's where his time and effort goes.

Manufacturing? Not so much...

When did the RFB officially go into production? Can anyone get one of those? Besides at exhibitions, has anyone seen one at a range?

Beentown71

With the kind of hype these had running it is a huge mistake IMHO to take this long on release. I would have bought one by now if it were to be released. Are they having problems with function?

C0untZer0

I don't know how any one would know if the production models are having any issues.. Probably less than 50 are out in the public and the people who possess one have them on display with $2,500+ price tags on them.

Even if anyone could get the KSGs, are they better than a Benelli M2Xi ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyjDxNHBtM&feature=related

I guess shorter OAL with the bullpup design is one advantage, but for 2000 plus bucks - there is an awfull lot of cool shotgun stuff you could get.

oneounceload

For $2K, I'd rather have a nice used Spanish SxS

That thing is a joke waiting on the punchline.............

but it appears to be perfect for mall ninjas and video game commandos

MagnumWill

Whatever oneounceload, if it's in Modern Warfare 3 it MUST be worth $2000! You don't know me! :rolleyes:

For 2,000 I can buy TWO FN SLP mark 1s, and when one is empty pitch it and grab the other one :D screw having two mag tubes!

Technosavant

For 2,000 I can buy TWO FN SLP mark 1s, and when one is empty pitch it and grab the other one screw having two mag tubes!

For the MSRP of $800 you can just about do that with a pair of Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s. And you can get your hands on those things before the end of the week, let alone next year. :D

Nitesites

Two tubes!!! That's what the hold up is. If they went with only one tube, the wait time would have been cut in half! Well, it sounds remotely plausible. Right?

Nitesites

You know, the simple fact that it is a bullpup would have sold a whole bunch of them nevermind the dual tube set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

ActivShootr

A member of another forum that I frequent had a chance to shoot the KSG. Here is his brief review:

I just found out a pair of guys I know at the courthouse had 2 new KSGs, so me and 2 other guys ditched work and went shooting.

Both rails to mount the foregrip (SIG grips) ripped off from light use.

Yes, the rail on the pump - injection molded plastic.

SH**.

Crap.

Horse dung.

Stay away.

Gunbroker.com has some in the $1500 range. I really want to like this shotgun but it seems that the more people that get a chance to shoot this gun the more bad reviews it gets. Fifteen hundred is too much dough for me to waste on a gun that doesn't run.

TheKlawMan

ActivShooter, I saw a post by someone else about both rails coming loose or breaking, I don't recall which, on their KSG.

banditgriot

Kel Tec guns are hard to find, except their pistols. It's kinda frustrating given that little tingling of a suspicion, that if I bought one it wouldn't be 100% reliable. Just a suspicion though...

TheKlawMan

The problem with short stroking plus the complex nature of switching barrels pretty much kills the KSG for HD. I am not concerned about battling drug cartels.