Kreighoff Pro Sporter

Waterengineer

Oldrum writes: "We are so far out in the country."

Oldrum:

I must say, your statement bets the question: Are you braggin' or complainin'?;)

zippy13

If your map of Mid Missouri is anything like mine, you'll see that member olddrum1 may be so remote that he's lucky to have any outside communications beyond smoke signals. ;)

zippy13

olddrum1

The Beretta UGB25 XCEL is an interesting concept. At 8.1 to 9 pounds it's the heavy weight of the Beretta comp guns. Beretta claims that having one barrel is more accurate than two. This may appeal to Skeet shooters who usually use the same choke for their second shot. However, with trap doubles and many clays doubles presentations, a tighter choke for the second shot is preferable. The O/U wins in this department hands down.

Claims of reduced barrel hop (because of the low position of the barrel), and less recoil (because of the action and buffering) may be mathematically verifiable. But, most shotguns in the neighborhood of 9 pounds have reduced hop and kick.

In past posts, I've bad-mouthed R-32s K-guns as being ugly because of their external lock. If you want to see really ugly, take a look at this Beretta; It's got a shell holder hanging out one side of the receiver and a big action lever out the other side. I wonder if they had to make a thicker case to accommodate this monster.

The UGB25 XCEL is essentially the same price ($4K) as their 682 Gold E Sporting O/U. I'd have to hear from several comp shooters that it pushed up their averages before I'd think about turning in my ol' 682.

olddrum1

When its late at night and you can hear the train whistle six miles away I am bragging. When I have to drive twenty miles for parts I am complaining.

I am wondering what effect the economy is having on shotgun sales of the major manufacturers. Several unusal guns have come out recently and I wonder if the reason is more for marketing and name recoginition than anything else to help sales?