Kramer Confidant Shirt Holster vs Kangaroo Cotton Rig vs 5.11 Tactical Holster-Shirt

Para Bellum

Anyone who has experience with two or all of the below solutions and can give reasons why (s)he prefers one over the other?

Kangaroo-Solution:
After.jpg

Kramer-Solution: "Confidant Shirt Holster 3/4 length"
confidentwgreen_lg.jpg

5.11 Tactical Series Holster-Shirt
holsterShirt_sized_black_lg.jpg

Without experience with any of these products, I assume the 5.11 shirt being polyester and spandex will make you stink pretty quick, as plastic sweaters do. The cangaroo looks like a unisex bra and doesn't seem to provide for easy gun access. Kramer give no info on their website on what their Shirt is made off....

these are deep concealment options. they have their place and like all others they have pluses and minuses depending on your size your weapon and the environment in which you live.

the kangaroo seems , just by its looks, to be the best at keeping the weapon in its place and coolest in hot weather.

the Kramer looks to be a pain in the ars with the weapon being able to flop all around.

the 5 11 seems better than the Kramer and many say the compression garments are comfortable and help to stave off fatigue.

if i were to choose...well i wouldn't buy any of them.

DennisD

I don't have experience with the other two but the Kangaroo I have. I've carried my SP101 in it and while it looks like it would work well, I had a problem with it working it's way around my body with the weapon moving to the front and also working down. I think with a stronger elastic across the shoulder it would work better. Personally, I've had better luck with a belly band or a "Smartcarry" for deep conceleament.

moredes15

I've used my Kramer a coupla times. It's comfortable, snug and sure. I wouldn't object to using it everyday, but it's slower than an IWB, so that's what I use normally. There have been a couple times when the IWB wasn't practical, like your situation, and that's when I used the Kramer. Of course, the velcro will wear out after repeated daily use, but that's easily replaced.

The material is kind of polyester-like--like a lightweight football jersey. I probably wouldn't use it with a blued gun; there's no protection for the finish from sweat. But it was certainly comfortable and secure in the Mississippi summer heat.

Warlokke

5.11 T shirt

I have the 5.11 tshirt in v neck and crew neck. My PPK/S fits in it great and it carries great. It is not a quick draw but it is comfortable although in summer it is a bit hot. In spring and fall it is very nice with just a button up shirt over it. No printing but then I have not carried anything other than the Walther in it and that is a thin pistol anyway. Hope this helps.

AK103K

the Kramer looks to be a pain in the ars with the weapon being able to flop all around.

the 5 11 seems better than the Kramer and many say the compression garments are comfortable and help to stave off fatigue.
I have both. I've used the Kramer the most, and still prefer it over the 5.11.

If you order the Kramer one size smaller than you normally wear, as they recommend, there is no flopping around or sagging. I've carried my Colt Commander under one arm and a double reload in its belt carrier under the other, all that under a full cut oxford shirt. Even with all that weight, its still comfortable enough, although after a long day, it does start to wear on you. Then again, so does a standard shoulder holster. I actually find the shirt holster to be more comfortable. While you can easily carry a full size pistol with it, a pair of P230's, or similar sized pistols, is much more comfortable.

The Kramer gives you more options. The 5.11 comes in two colors, white and black or blue, I dont remember which. I have the white, and it is "white". I look like I'm off duty military or a cop, wearing one under a shirt. I dont normally wear white tee shirts. The Kramer allows you to wear any tee shirt you want, or none at all. I prefer a tee shirt under it, as I normally wear one anyway, and you can also wear a turtleneck in the winter. I think things just look more natural with it.

RsqVet

I think that you will be happy with the Kramer, it will hold a G26 securly through most activites, heck I ahve waled around with a 1911 in mine just to try it and it did't fall out but it's a buch of weight to have supported on those thin straps.

If you wank to go down in size I'd look at something like a Seecamp in 32 or 380 before I'd look at a 22mag NAA but then that's me.

BTW they don't last forever, like other garments worn under a shirt that support heavy loads they do streach out eventualy, though if you sew a fold on the off side you can eek out some more life.