Konus scopes

ADIDAS69

They look and feel decent enough. If anyone has had experience with them I would pleased if you were willing to share. :)

Jimro

I know they make very nice spotting scopes. I saw a lot of them at the last match I attended. My spotting scope has a straight design, and so I ended up borrowing a Konus with a bent eyepiece for the 600 yard string.

Jimro

Scorch

They make good ones and cheaper ones, like any other manufacturer. All in all, I would say they're OK.

Tim R

A spotting scope can not always do what you need it to do in all conditions. Because of the expense of a "good scope" the Konus is a option which from what I've seen will work very well. I have about $1k raped up in a Kowa and still can't always see 22 cal holes at 200 yards. Where the expensive glass comes in is reading wind conditions at 600. The konus will work good enough for a long time.

Aiko

Based on the recommendation from folks here I ordered the Konus 20-60x80 spotting scope. Came today. Have not taken it to the range but I can easily make out mailbox numbers with good clarity from @ 300 yds. Need to put it to a few tests w/.223 and .22.

Tim R

Aiko, I believe you might find out real fast that any thing over abut 30 power is a waste of time for shooting High Power.Having more power at 200 might come in handy but a friend of mine has a Starisky or something like that (huge $) and if I can't see it with my 27 X 80 Kowa, he's not going to see it either no matter what power he has it on. Just so ya know. When I bought my Kowa, I was hoping the world would open up to me but I found out real fast my $120.00 Champions Choice scope really did pretty well untill the 600 yard line.

Last edited:

dgludwig

Being able to distinguish .22 holes with a spotting scope @ anything much over 300 yards is the province of some very expensive glass, if even then.

As to the op's question regarding Konus scopes, I have a buddy that has one and he likes it a lot. Of course, he also swears by his Barska optics which makes me question his discernments concerning what constitutes a good scope. So, nothing of value from me re Konus scopes as I have no first hand experience with them.

DiscoRacing

I have four of em... they seem great for the price... I have two on .223s...one on .270..and one has been on my howa 30-06 for three years now... its always dead on.