Knoxx Spec Ops and the action release - 870 or 590?

shappy0869

870 has the action release towards the front, the 590 has it towards the back. With a Knoxx Spec Ops (or any pistol grip), which release is easier to get to? Anyone ever have experience with both?

chris in va

I want one of those stocks in a bad way. Got to fondle an 870 with the stock at the local gun store and it just felt perfect. Love the adjustable buttplate too.

Someday, someday.:cool:

Slugthrower

Knoxx compensating stocks

I have a 500SP Persuader with a Copstock on it, The safety is difficult to reach being on the top side of the receiver. The release for the Mossberg is in a difficult place to reach as well. I have a manual of arms that gets around this problem.
1 Place weapon on safe. Clear weapon.Check Twice!!!
2 Close action, switch off saftey,press trigger.
The shot gun is now in a state that will not require the pressing of the button to release the action. When you load the magazine to capacity all that is needed is to pump and fire. I know the safety being off is not comfortable for some. Just as cocked and locked with as 1911 is not for some.Keeping that finger in it's place is the real saftey. Generally the shotgun is kept empty with the saftey on. When being used for the bedroom it is set up to go. Tactical wise it isn't smart to give your location away by loading the weapon, a trade off unless you can handle the saftey being off and a round in the chamber. The 870 saftey and action release are easier to get to. Just I like my old mossy.

The Copstock reduces recoil less than the ones you folks were checking out. Being a folder is what makes it for me. To each his own. It turns my 40 inch shotgun into a 30 incher, no too bad for a civilian long arm. The 870 having a 18 inch barrel it would be closer to 28 inches overall length. Nice to be short in a hall way.

saands

Haven't tried the 590, but the 870 release isn't a problem for me at all on the 870 with the SpecOps stock ... that being said, I like the rear mounted position better in general, but I think that you will get used to either.

Saands