Knowing they now cost the same, would you buy used P226 Legion vs Elite?

wild cat mccane

For the last two years, a Legion and an Elite have both cost about the same, maybe $100 less for the Elite when you can find them. 1,200 for the Legion and 1,100 for the Elite.

The Elite is the new "Enhanced" with the SRT, E2 grips, and both have same night sights. The Legion has the changed beaver tail, different grips and the Grayguns enhanced work (right)? Agreed, the Enhanced could previously be had at $600. But those days don't exist anymore. There are currently 2 Elites on gun.deals and that's typical. 2 available right now might even be bountiful.

Meanwhile, the Legion cerakote finish is kinda panned and maybe even a bad.

So...right now, knowing they cost the same new, would you buy either used and would you pay more for a used Legion? I have one and don't want to change the answer based on which one I might give up or not. I curious how others would start "fresh" in 2022 with a P226.

Thanks!

SSGN-Doc

I went through the decision process back in the $700ish dollar EE time frame. I couldn’t justify the additional cost of the Legion. Kind of glad I went with the EE, because of the finish wear I see on some of 5he us3d Legions. Seems to me the extra cash is for the coin, the packaging and “Legion status”.

The SRT trigger is plenty nice.

wild cat mccane

Yep. I totally missed the boat on the 600-700 range for Enhanced Elites while kicking the tires of wanting to buy one and totally agreed on the Legion not being worth it at all. Ugh...that world is long gone I'm afraid.

You could probably make money, no matter your wear.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Willie Lowman

I have an Elite. I use it for a suppressor host. I like it. Would have bought a Legion but back then the Legion cost more.

I like the feel of the Elite grips. The contour makes it easier for me to reach the decocker and mag release button. But something about them doesn't agree with me when shooting. I maintain a tight grip and after 100 rounds or so the muscle of my thumb in my palm gets sore. This doesn't happen with any of my other handguns, just the Sig.

reynolds357

For the last two years, a Legion and an Elite have both cost about the same, maybe $100 less for the Elite when you can find them. 1,200 for the Legion and 1,100 for the Elite.

The Elite is the new "Enhanced" with the SRT, E2 grips, and both have same night sights. The Legion has the changed beaver tail, different grips and the Grayguns enhanced work (right)? Agreed, the Enhanced could previously be had at $600. But those days don't exist anymore. There are currently 2 Elites on gun.deals and that's typical. 2 available right now might even be bountiful.

Meanwhile, the Legion cerakote finish is kinda panned and maybe even a bad.

So...right now, knowing they cost the same new, would you buy either used and would you pay more for a used Legion? I have one and don't want to change the answer based on which one I might give up or not. I curious how others would start "fresh" in 2022 with a P226.

Thanks!
Neither one screams "better" IMO.
I like the base model 226. Factory night sights are not a plus to me, actually a negative, because I would not be carrying it. I used to carry my 226 on duty, but it's just a range gun now. When dept mandatorily switched to Glock 23, the 226 became a range only pistol. Too aggravating to conceal.

wild cat mccane

The regular no frills P226 "Nitron" is actually on the Sig website again. I saw one about a month ago on gun.deals and thought it was a fluke, but confirmed it on the Sig website. Unfortunately, it was $1,100.