Knob Creek Report

Bogie

Okay - Went this past weekend. Didn't have a lot of time, but went anyway.

Got to the area around 2:00 p.m., and putted over to the Cav Store, to see if they were running a warehouse sale. Was quite disappointed in that they weren't. Their selection was also sorta down... I needed a field jacket (I've lost a lot of weight), and the only XXL I could find was a black one. Feel like a first rate mall ninja.

Proceeded on back to the Creek - Parking was at a definite premium - I ended up parking on the roadside, all the way to the bridge. Pretty decent hike. $10/day to play...

The shoot was, as always, spectacular. The gun show was also quite populated... I was looking for a few things, and found some of 'em... Picked up a CRKT Ryan and a CRKT KISS, a pair of new surplus leather palm mittens, about a half dozen t-shirts, some bumper stickers for the Critter Gitter, and a pair of used, but in VERY good shape, Corcoran jump boots (I made the mistake of forgetting my old pair at a former girlfriend's place, and after she had left 'em out in the rain for a winter, well...) for $35... These suckers are gonna get some nice thick Vibram soles when the soles on 'em wear out - As comfy as I remembered.

Didn't camp, but ended up crashing at a (different) former girlfriend's place... Went back to the Creek at about noonish on Sunday. When we started the bombing, word made it around the place in about 2-3 minutes...

Drove back to St. Louis, and turned in the rental car... Chatted with a PFC while I was waiting for the parking lot shuttle bus... He said they're on duty for 14 hours, then locked down in barracks the rest of the time... He also said that they're taking a lot of knives, including some automatics, off of folks at the security checkpoints (which I didn't even go near - Had a duffle and the CRKTs in my pockets).