Knob Creek (pic heavy)

Betty

Some sidekicks and I went to the Knob Creek machinegun shoot (West Point, KY). Here's some pics:

assorted hardware:
assorted_guns1.jpg

assorted_guns2.jpg

Downrange, a burned out school bus (no kids inside ;) ) and various victims including washing machines and water heaters:
downrange.jpg

Napalm, anyone?
napalm.jpg

Colt M4:
jason_coltm4.jpg

Flamethrower action!
flamethrower.jpg

Flamethrower 1.5MB Quicktime video

The flamethrower was amazing. As far away as I was, I could still feel the heat! Yeep!

Tracers lighting up the night sky:
tracers1.jpg

tracers4.jpg

Fantastic 7.2MB Quicktime Video of tracers and a very large explosion!

Shorter, 1.5MB Quicktime video of random tracers.

This was my second time at Knob Creek (machinegunshoot.com). We stayed overnight at the campgrounds.

The gun show was huge. I didn't buy much, just a couple sharp pointy things: a Benchmade Emerson titanium-bladed CQC7 and a Spyderco Cricket. The CQC7 is a safe queen and I tote the Cricket everywhere.

Quad-mounted .50's:
assorted_guns3.jpg

assorted_guns4.jpg

We ran into several TFL/THR members - here's bogie:
bogie.jpg

Ben Swenson

Nice!

I've got some pictures of my last KCR adventure (a year or two ago, now) at BenSwenson.com. They were taken with my old camera, so the quality isn't great.

Did they let people down-range between shoots, this year?

garrettwc

I think you may have captured the "essence" of Bogie! :D

Great photos! Good to see you around here. We've missed seeing you around.

nralife

Betty,

Some sidekicks and I went to the Knob Creek machinegun shoot (West Point, KY). Here's some pics:

Looks like you had a great time! It would be nice to go there sometime. I hope all the reports about Knob Creek going downhill are wrong. From what I have read, the people who run the show (the staff) are complete jerks. On the other hand, I've heard great things about Cheyenne Wells. Cheyenne Wells just doesn't have all the vendors the Creek does....

Ben Swenson

From what I have read, the people who run the show (the staff) are complete jerks.
Some, not all.
I've had one of their security detail point a loaded gun at me while showing off for a friend.
Had another yellow-shirt tell me I couldn't have a magazine in the rifle I was carrying back to my car. A Mosin Nagant. :rolleyes:

Others were polite and helpful.

I can think of more than a few visitors who weren't much fun to be around, too. *shrug* Lots of variety, lots of people - bound to get a few that you won't like. I tend to ignore and avoid them just as I do in other parts of my life.

zpo

Well, in that case, good for you. :D Just remember, you can tell those who don't know better that you have a Seel Uber-underwater demolition knife 'cause its titanium, and you never have to sharpen it 'cause it got dem der serrations.
Have fun with it. :)