Kirst or Uberti conversion

Why is it when you use a Kirst converter it’s only 5 shots while Uberti manages to get 6?

Is it possible to buy the Uberti conversion 1851 navy and swap an 1851 black powder navy end with the loading lever?

JimCunn

This is speculative.....
Possibly so the bolt slot won't directly overlie the enlarged chambers.
I've got a 5 shot Kirst .45 acp cylinder on a Uberti 1860 Army and am quite happy with it.

So there’s no shot it would work?
I don’t like paying close to how much the gun costs to loose the cool engravings and a shot when I could pay once for the conversion model and have all of it.. the only downside is they don’t have a converted London version nor can you load black powder if you wanted.

Hawg

So there’s no shot it would work?
I don’t like paying close to how much the gun costs to loose the cool engravings and a shot when I could pay once for the conversion model and have all of it.. the only downside is they don’t have a converted London version nor can you load black powder if you wanted.

Highly doubtful it would work. Why couldn't you load black powder? I'm not sure I understand. First you ask about a six shot cylinder, then you say Uberti doesn't offer a converted London model. Uberti doesn't sell a .44 navy. They have sold 1851 models that had steel grip frames but they're .38 special.

hxfM421l.jpg

I’m okay with 38 special,

Essentially I’m looking for a London 1851 navy model that is converted and still has the loading lever. But on their website they don’t have a London conversion, unless I buy part for part.

Hawg

The .38 conversion cylinders are six shot but you will have to use heeled or hollow based bullets. I didn't understand what you meant when you said you couldn't use bp. You meant you couldn't use loose powder and caps. Most people from what I've seen don't go back to cap and ball once they have a conversion cylinder. Personally I wouldn't want a Colt conversion without an ejector.