Kinda weird but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

almark

does anyone know where to get cheap plastic lawn gnomes? I was thinking that lawn gnomes would make amazing targets but the only ones I've seen were made of concrete (don't wanna shoot that) or hand-carved $90 wooden ones... any ideas? :)

USP45usp

:D,

I thought about getting those cheapo pink flmingos(sp) and using those as targets.

And since they are plastic you can drill a hole in the top and add water but I don't know if those thin metal rods would hold it up.

Go to Wal-Mart (or Bi-Mart here) and pick up some plastic lawn orniments. I love reactive targets also :D.

Wayne

almark

Already tried good ol' Wally World, but they didn't have them, which surprised me. They did have a few flamingos but those weren't as interesting to me as the gnomes for some reason... At halloween they did have these awesome foam rubber rats about 18 inches high for $3... didn't pick any up, though... should have. :(

Maybe I could get a decent one and make a mold, then fill it with plaster? That might be expensive though... anyone else? Cheap plastic lawn gnomes? Anyone have real gnomes stealing your socks from the dryer that you'd like to get rid of?

USP45usp

almark,

Just do a stroll through the store, there is always something on sale that will peak your interest :D.

That's what I do. Wal-Mart had a great sale on bottled water about a year ago (like $2.00 for 24 bottles) and I bought two cases for use and one case for shootin.

I was happy to say the least but I stayed at the target 24 even though I thought about the rest.

Wayne

mtnboomer

A better idea may be to go to a large crafts store that sells the molds to make the hollow gnome figures and buy one. Make them out of plaster instead of cement. Paint them (kinda-sorta) and sell them as targets at the range or to your shooting buddies. The news will get around fast and you'll make enough to support you shooting habit in the process. ;)

almark

mtnboomer, you're a genius! Now I just gotta do it before some other person beats me to it! :)

Never seen anything like gnomes in craft stores, but I'll give it a look next time I go to one... if I got desparate I could make my own outta styrofoam, but as expensive as that stuff is, I'll just find something else to shoot if it gets to that point.

Hal

tn_squating2.jpg

googled this'un up for ya :D

Runs ~ $20

http://www.prankplace.com/gnomes.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.