KIMBER Upgrade!

BigG

Sorry for the shameless bait and switch! :)

I actually just bought a Y2K compliant COLT Concealed Carry Model -- alloy Officer-sized frame, Commander-sized stainless slide, dehorned, Novak sights, rosewood double diamond stocks, etc., all in 45 ACP caliber.

I was this far from springing for the Kimber Ultra Carry model, Commander-size, melt-down alloy stainless two-tone, checkered grip frame, etc. It was $969.

The Colt was $699. It was an offer I could not refuse. Am I a traitor to TFL 'coz I like Colts?

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

BigG

Well, yes Rick, I was within 10 feet of buying that Ultra Elite. 'Course, you like Kimbers enuff for us both! Happy New Year, bro! From one curmudgeon to another!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

Dogger

BigG! I applaud your good taste! I too own a Colt CCO, purchased in June 1999, and it is my favorite "under 30 ounces" handgun. I replaced the factory recoil spring with a Wolff 20 pounder and headed to the range with a box of ball ammo. At 30 feet I was cutting single two inch holes with 7 rounds. I intend to replace the factory magazine springs with Wolff extra power springs and then I am set like a big dog.

We better be careful and watch our flanks. I think you and I might be the only Colt CCO fans on TFL; well maybe there are a couple of others...

Have fun with your Colt and a pox on all those girly Kimbers in the display cases across America!

:D :D :)

[This message has been edited by Dogger (edited December 30, 1999).]

Judge Blackhawk

Big G

My most heart felt sorrows, on your purchase. I hope your life insurance policy is paid up to date.

Smile

No, congrats. I too was pulled to the dark side of the Colt name and mystic. But my will was strong and my conscience is clear cause I got me a Kimber with a girly name on the slide and those cute serations on the front of the slide.

Judge Blackhawk

Kimber rules,

COLT R.I.P

ak9

Man it hurts to hear you guys talk bad about any firearm that 'hits the firstest with the mostests' to paraphrase Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest. It hurts even more when I hear how much you paid for those fine weapons. Why just 6 weeks ago I paid $479 + tax nib for the Colt ltwt officer(thought I got took) and the price of that Ultra Carry for my Ultra Elite including tax. Actually it was a little less, $925. Must be something to this Colt hoarding rumor. You guys have got to come to TX to a real gunshow. You could probably finance the trip from your savings alone, get momma out of the house (what an excuse), and see one of americas unique cities- San Antonio. Saxet (TEXAS spelled backwards) Trade Shows on the web. Usually the first weekend of every month except for Jan 2000. 7-8 Jan. Right next to the airport. One stop shopping with no wait, except for the insta check. The Astro Hall show next to the Astrodome isn't bad either (over 2000 tables) If you can't get it there, it can't be got. Shotgun News for those dates. Ya'll come on down and see us, you hear? 75 degrees in Corpus Christi today.

BigG

AK9, sorry it was the Ultra Elite not the Ultra Carry.

There are just so many varieties of those Kimbers, I couldn't keep em straight if I wanted to!

------------------
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.