Kimber Ultra carry Stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmrules

ANyone here own this animal, I put one on layaway last night I expect to pick it up in a few weeks. I currently have a Kimber Gold Match, and Love it. I CCw a Glock 29, but want to have a .45 for concealed also. anyone have any experience with this gun???? Will it take my 10 round shooting star mags in a tight?

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

SHORTFUSE

Don't have one but I WANT one STAT!!! Your G29 is the same size as a G30 , right?? Did you feel that the Ultra Carry is more concealable IWB? The G29 is 1.30" wide , right? Try the www.clipdraw.com the owner tells me you can use one of the officers clipdraws for your Kimber. How much did you pay?? $650.00?? When are you going to receive it?? I am trying to decide whether to buy one or not. Start a new thread
with a full range report!

Stainless_Ultra_Carry_Medium.jpg

abruzzi

10mm

I have the parkerized version of this gun (and yes I have the Gold Match in stainless also). I have only had the Ultra about a week but I shot it last Friday, last Saturday, and at a match on Sunday (in the snubby competition).

The biggest surprise to me is the zero recoil. At least zero in the sense that it is indistinguishable to me from the recoil on the full size gun. I got rid of the Walther PPK/S in part because of the caliber and in part because the little sucker kicked like hell. The Ultra is harmless.

It was, at least in my hands, almost as accurate as the Gold Match (which may be more a comment on me than either gun). Others who shot it Sunday were also impressed with the accuracy.

Part of the reason I got the carry gun parkerized was so I wouldn't bust a gut when the first "ding" appears. There is a little bit of wear appearing after a week of slightly unorthodox carry methods (see "How To" post re same on board).

The disassembly and reassembly were a little bit awkward. First, the book that came in the box was for the Kimber Compact, not the Ultra, and the box included a take down tool. The book says put the take down tool in the little hole on the recoil rod. But, hey, they aint no hole there. If I hadn't already owned the Gold Match I probably would still be trying to get this bugger disassembled. But it worked. I used the take down tool to help push the slide catch out from the starboard side.

Reassembly was also a little tight. The recoil rod honest to God just didn't want to go back in. Force and violence to the rescue. Maybe things will loosen up some with use.

But, hey, after a week, I don't even remember what the Walther looked like. The Ultra Carry is a keeper. I hope it stands up over the next several months, but right now I am totally satisfied.

10mmrules

Yes, it is Narrower than the glock 29, and the 29 is narrower than the 30. aslo if you guys want some advise on a holster, if you try the don hume #15 you wont be sorry I would rather wear it IWB with this holster than any way I can think of. Thanks for the report.

byerly

You have made a wise decision, my friend. I just bought my wife a Ultra Carry and she loves it. The recoil is amazingly mild and the gun is very accurate. What more can you ask for? Let us have a range report when you pick it up. Later, Byerly

thequickad

I heard a lot of good reviews about Kimber. But went to my local store and looked at one, the frame is not very pretty. Looks like a cast type metal and not very well finished?

Certainly wouldn't call it "presentation" quality. Maybe it shoots well, but I stick with my Colt Goldcup for looks.

Mute

Shooting Star or any of the 10 round mags will work with the gun. However, be careful if it doesn't have a stopper to prevent overinsertion. You can jam the gun up really nice. Not something you want if the crapola hits the oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.