Kimber Ultra Carry opinions?

1911A1 fan

My wife found and fell in love with a stainless Ultra Carry and put it on layaway today. And I would like to hear some of the opinions out there about this gun. I already have a Kimber full size 1911 and just love it. But as you can see from the name there is no point in saying get a Glock or what ever, we both like 1911s and are just looking for opinions about the Ultra. Thanks in advance for any help.

taco

I have a SS Ultra Carry for about 2 years and it is a great little pistol. For the size, it is very accurate and reliable. While it does kick a little more than full size steel frame 1911, it is not much more and still comfortable to shoot several boxes of ammo. Mine has been shot quite a lot but is still tight. I carry mine almost everyday and appreciate the light weight. Get it, you won't be sorry.

Mike in VA

I have a plain blue UC. My overall experience mirrors Taco's - accurate, reliable, easy to carry. I have added rosewood grips and Ashley Express Big Dot sights. The grips were just vanity, but the Ashley's are the best 'combat' handgun sights I have found yet - very fast to acquire and bring on target. Go for it!

plunker

I've looked at the compact and the ultra carry. What I have found out is the compact has a longer barrel than the ultra.(about 1/2 an inch) This helps with recoil and accuracy between the two pistols. Just my .02.

Both are very good.. Well they are Kimbers. plunker