Kimber Rimfire

Waterengineer

I did a search but did not find the info I am looking for.

Last night I fondled a black Kimber Rimfire - I think I am in love!

What are the experts thoughts on this firearm?

And, what is the finish on the "silver" one.

Thanks - Craig

WIL TERRY

Mine Turned Out To Be The Worst 22 Autoloader I've Ever Owned.

It worked for a while and then all but never shot a 10 round magazine without 2 or 3 stoppages.
The magazines are trash and you can find seven of 'em out in the Cheyenne River south of Wasta past the end of the quicksand. I kept the best three and they're just slightly less worthless.
I have given some consideration to sending the KIMBER RIMFIRE TARGET back to them with a cease&desist warning telling them where they can deposit this piece of trash. They can even keep the gun and the money I paid for it which will make the sleazy owner of that company very happy.
The 45 GOLD MATCH I bought from them was not much better. The guide rod broke in two [ I have no clue how or why this could happen !!! ], the rear sight fractured in two and fell on the ground, and it went full auto once.
I have cancelled the order for one of their 338WINMAG rifles

burgerdude

Hmmm, I've got a Rimfire Super (black slide over silver frame) and I've never had an issue with it except it's a bear to load all ten rounds in the magazine! I generally keep it at nine rounds and it works fine. It's without a doubt more accurate than I am! I suppose it's always possible to get a lemon but for the most part I've read these are pretty good pistols...pricey but they are keepers.
Oh, and the silver colored frame is just a clear anodized Aluminum frame.

zebulonsmith

I'm assuming you mean the 1911 style 22 they make. If it were me, I'd just buy the slide/barrel assembly. If you don't have a 1911, go get a GI model for about 4 bills. You'll have two guns for close to what you'd pay for the Kimber rig.

WESHOOT2

handled two shot one

Man what a silly shooter! Unreal accuracy!
So light, so easy to shoot, kinda made me want one for girlie-hand shooting and concealed wear.....

I am unaware of any woes with them or the magazines (the one I shot had four mags with it, which got used. Successfully.)

I have considered, when finances allow, adding one to my 'collection'.