Kimber Pro CDP II

KyJim

Kimbers are very accurate guns. They have their fans and those who are not. They usually need to be shot 300 rounds or so for a break-in period. Do this relatively quickly after you purchase the gun so you can determine if your gun has any problem that requires factory attention (I believe their warranty is only one year). BTW, that is a very attractive pistol. I have a Sig 1911 which is similar in appearance.

VTRich

I have the Compact CDP, which is the same gun with the officer's grip and I love it. My extracter tension was too high when I first shot it, resulting in some Failure to Return to Battery. After tweaking the tension, the gun has been flawless ever since. It's even handled every type of JHP round I've tried. Wolff makes a special recoil spring for 4" Kimber's which I highly recommend.

http://gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/KimberNF.html#Kimber4

Enjoy your new Kimber.

pogo2

Excellent gun

I've had a Kimber Pro CDP for about 5 years, buying it used. I have about 2000 rounds through the gun and used to carry it. It has been reliable and accurate for me, and is a very good looking gun. Some of the standard features are very useful, such as the carry melt, the front strap checkering and the night sights. I modified mine with thin grip panels, a single side safety and a checkered steel mainspring housing.

KimberProCDP64.jpg

orionengnr

I had a Pro CDP, worked great first time, every time. I prefer the 3" Ultra Carry/Ultra CDP, so I sold the Pro CDP.

I think you will like it very well indeed.

VAHunter

I bought a 4" CDP Pro II and like it quite a bit. I have about 400 rds of all types of HP's and range ammo through with no failures whatsoever. The only downsides to it are that the anodized frame's feed ramp has some had some of the anodizing worn off. Really just wear and has not changed the shape of the feed ramp.

The second negative is the slightly fiddly nature of the guide rod/recoil spring take down procedure requiring a little L-shaped wire--or bent paperclip when you inevitably lose the the "tool" it comes with to capture the rod plug and spring. With a little practice it's not too bad, but nowhere near as easy as a full size Kimber's guide rod.

I guess there's a third negative and that's the "II-series" Swenson-type trigger block. You can sorta feel it...an extra hitch in the trigger pull....especially if your grip doesn't FULLY press in the grip safety. I gave this pistol to my dad or I'd have sent it out to Novaks or similar to have that smoothed out a bit.

Otherwise... it's a great gun. Accurate, lightweight, great sights and gorgeous looks.