Kimber - origin of name

johnbt

From:http://www.fieldandstream.com/hunting/gunsbowsammo/kimber.html
(J. Warne, the founder of Kimber of Oregon, was born in Australia.-jt)
"So there you have the entire Kimber story, except, as you're probably wondering, the source of the name. When Jack Warne was a baby, his family moved to the town of Kimba, which is pronounced "Kimber." It is an aboriginal word meaning "brush fire," making one wonder if its namesake perhaps burned too brightly in its race across the shooting horizon." Just thought someone might like to know - I had assumed it was someone's last name, or gasp, named after a girl. Wrong again. Love the Gold Match, a whole lot easier on the hands than my trusty Ruger Police-Service Six and Fed. 125's.

BigG

I'm half convinced they're coming out with a new model: The Rikker! :D :D :D :D

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

RikWriter

Naw, don't need any new model, B!gG, all the ones they have now seem to work just fine for me. Matter of fact, just picked up a new Pro Elite and through a couple hundred rounds of FMJ and a couple hundred of various JHPs it has yet to jam once. Amazing, five Kimbers, coming up on 9,000 rounds, no jams.

Hey RiK, BigG says that you're a panty waist...

Hey BigG, RiK says you must suffer from penile deficiancy...

I like a good scrap as much as anybody. Just thought I'd fan the flames a bit ;)

BigG

Rik, congratulations and good luck with yer new pistol! :D

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.

RikWriter

Actually I don't know if I am gonna keep it. It shoots great, but I never have liked short-barrelled 45s...don't much like anything with under a Commander length barrel. I traded into this one right, though---it's a thousand dollar gun and I only have about $400 into it, so either way I can't lose.

ak9

I figured Dogger would have responded with "it's aboriginese for girly man". ;). Just a thought.

RikWriter

Well B!gG, you would be proud of me...I bought something today at the show that I have always wanted...
A Series 70 Colt Gold Cup National Match. It was the first 45 I ever shot, and I always wanted to get one. So I picked one up with box and papers in about 95% condition for $600 out the door.
I doubt it can shoot better than my Kimber Gold Match, but I wanted it anyway. :)

BigG

Congratulations on yer new bangstick, R!k!
You may find, as I have, that the Colt 45 Auto is greater than the sum of its parts. Enjoy your piece of history!

------------------