Kimber Micro 9 Sights

scorpion_tyr

I took my Kimber Micro 9 to a local gunsmith to have them order and install tritium night sights. Long story short: 2 weeks and some bad business practices later I finally have my slide and my money back. However, they removed or partially removed the old sights, leaving the weapon in a less than desirable condition. And I still need night sights installed.

Should I send it in to Kimber and have them do it?

Should I take it to another gunsmith? (There are a couple of other local folks I trust left)

Should I do it myself? I’ve built a few AR’s and have decent mechanical skills. If so is there a good sight pusher or other tool I should get? I don’t mind spending the money, especially if it’s on a tool I can use on several different guns.

Thanks!

Last edited:

10-96

I would seriously consider sending it back to it's home planet. Kimber doesn't monkey around with how tight they manage to fit their sights. It's my understanding that almost any other manufacturer has easier to replace sights than Kimber, so that might not be the best place for you to cut your sight changing teeth IMHO.