Kimber Eclipse Ultra Carry II?

Alamocdc

I have the opportunity to pick up one of these NIB for just under $1000, but I've really been wanting a Sig P220. The only reason I'm even thinking about it is because it felt pretty good in my hand... and I think it looks great. I know, I know, looks ain't everything. According to the dealer the Kimber has the internal extractor, but I have not confirmed this. I called and asked today b/c I hadn't read the bad juju on the Kimbers when I was eyeballing the pistol.

BTW, I'm also getting a NIB P229 Equinox (.40 S&W) in the trade. I already have a P229 in .40, but this one is just too pretty to pass up. And I can always trade the other one off. Maybe for a P220. ;)

Shadi Khalil

While I love the finish on the Eclipse, I would never buy another kimber again, especially an Ultra. I had every problem you could imagine with the Ultra and Kimber could never make it work. I sold it at a BIG loss.

Alamocdc

The more I read about them, the more leary I become. It seems that they either work, or don't and I don't think I'm willing to gamble for a grand.