Kimber Eclipse 10mm

IZinterrogator

Has anyone purchased one of the Kimber Eclipse 10mm pistols yet? I would like a 10mm to round out my collection and was thinking of a Delta Elite, but I saw the article on the 10mm on Kimber's website and it got me thinking. The setup that I wanted for the Delta Elite was going to require a lot of smithing, but the Kimber was close to what I wanted out of the box. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. I want a 1911-style 10mm, so don't suggest a Glock or a Smith and Wesson.

wile_coyote

IZ,

Check out 10mmtalk.com

They are a great group and they will have the info you are looking for. My next purchase will probably be a Kimber Eclipse in a 10mm. I currently have a Glock 29 that is my primary CCW. You will really like the 10mm.

Good luck with your choice.

10MikeyMike

I have a Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm which is essentially the same gun. I am more than pleased with my purchase. I am a 10mm fan and have had 10mm guns including a Colt Delta Elite. The only modification I've made to my Kimber 10mm is to add an Ed Brown 2 pc. guide rod as I like the balance it provides and I also installed a reduced power magazine release spring. Other than that, I don't thiink you can go wrong with Kimber's 10mm 1911's

SouthpawShootr

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Still haven't made it to the range. If I ever do, I'll let you know.

I love to just sit and look at this gun. It's set up pretty much the same as my TLE and that's one reason why I bought it and not a DW Razorback that was just over 1/2 the price.

Maybe I'll make it to the range next week.

SouthpawShootr

He had $1100 on it and knocked $50 off when I picked it up. I think taxes and all, the whole shebang cost me $1100. It hurts to see that in print. Most expensive 1911 pattern pistol I've ever bought. Only one gun in my collection (P7M13) cost more. I'd been looking around for a while and this was a good neighborhood price for the gun. One dealer had one for nearly $100 cheaper, but it had so many scratches on it from "handling" that I began to question whether it was actually new. Everything else would have to be brought in as a transfer (fees, shipping would have made any saving negligible) and my regular dealer couldn't match the price I took this one home for.