Kimber 6.5X55?

JIH

Was looking around the used section in a nearby gunshop/range (taking a break from the heat), and saw for about $350 a Kimber rifle in 6.5X55. I wanted to check it out, but got distracted.

Anyway, does anyone know about/have an opinion of these rifles?

KSFreeman

Great weapon, great caliber. I would not have been distracted (unless, of course, young and nubile distracted you), but that's just me.:cool:

Biathlonman

I have heard good things about them, but for the money people are asking for them I think I would go with a CZ 550.

I wasn't extremly impressed with the one I handled, thought they could have done a timney trigger with saftey on the side (for better scope clearence), and they could have added a cock on open kit. Just my opinions though...

With that being said, I have a sporterized mauser that I wouldn't part with, 6.5x55 is an incredible cartridge, and you can get ammo for a variety of applications for it.

It's all up to you! :)

shooter1201

Kimber 'remanufactured'(old actions, new barrels, new stocks) several versions of M96 and M98 Mausers several years ago. IIRC, several different calibers and barrel 'styles', from tapered, to stainless semi-heavy fluted were offered.