Kimber .22 Bolt rifle

SavageSniper

I am thinking of getting a Kimber .22. Saw them at the NRA conv. last year and loved the feel and look. Like some input from some folks who have one or shot one. I want something that is still accurate after 20 rounds, unlike my 10/22

22-rimfire

I almost bought one back in the mid-1980's when the SuperAmerica was running about $700 or there abouts. Then I bought a Remington 541S and it shot so good, I didn't consider buying a kimber since. No experience with the rifles. Frankly you can get the same accuracy with a lesser priced 22 rifle. For example, my Weatherby Mark XXII is an excellent shooter and consistantly groups under an inch at 100 yards. As you can see, I do like the Yuppie 22 rifles.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for. The Kimber's are beautiful rifles!

esldude

I think you can get the same accuracy in a CZ452 for less money. Not nearly so pretty of course. For more money you can get better accuracy with a Cooper, who used to make the Kimbers btw.

And frankly, a Weatherby rimfire grouping consistently less than an inch at 100 yards. I find it difficult to believe. Such a performance on a regular basis will win most rimfire benchrest competitions.

SavageSniper

Thx for the input. They are good looking guns. I do love shooting the .22 as well. I am looking for a real nice rifle that I can shoot alot of rounds thru at one time with good accuracy. $900 is alot to spend on a .22 when all my centerfires cost under $500 each. Hmm the hunt is on:p

esldude

Coopers are available for not so much more new. For about that second hand. http://www.cooperfirearms.com/order.html

Another good choice is used Anschutz rifles. You cannot wear them out. Not quite as pretty as the Cooper, but pretty, and darned accurate.

Mac Tilton has a good many second hand Anschutz, and a good rep. No web sight, but a google search should turn up his phone number.

Picher

The newer Kimbers have been faulted by many people for not shooting well. A friend bought their heavy benchrest model and it wouldn't shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards with any ammo. It was traded back at a substantial loss.

Picher

raktrak

Kimber SVT --------DOG

I bought a Kimber SVT at over $1100 and put a 6.5x20 Nikon Monarch Gold target scope on it. Tried all the expensive ammo out there and it would not shoot. Sent it back to kimber and was told it was in their accuracy specs. When it came back it was broken in half by UPS . UPS sent it back to Kimber for a new stock. When it came back that time it would shoot about a 1/2 inch with ELY club and didn't like Lapua midas at all or anything else. I have a Remington 541S thats 30 years old that will shoot a !/4" at 50 yards with standard velocity AQUILA. I just sold the KIMBER for $750 at the gun show. BUY A COOPER. Also Kimber people could care less whether you are happy or not.:mad: :mad: :mad: