Killer Krazy Glue?

DAL

Perhaps some of you have heard of this already, but it's news to me. I read in Liberty magazine that Krazy Glue applied to a bullet (I'm not sure how) will defeat "bulletproof vests" (aka body armor).

Is this true? If so, stock up on Krazy Glue now, before it's outlawed. Geez, who comes up with this stuff?
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
--Patrick Henry, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, ARI, NRA

Jim March

Impossible. It *might* make a jacketed round nose slightly more "slick" but...naaaaaw. Color me skeptical. On a JHP, no way in hell.

Now, fill a JHP with a really good, hard epoxy like JB-Weld and you might have something? Especially if it bulbed out past the jacket...?

Jim

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Either this is another one of those weird rumors that sprouts out of nowhere every now and then, or somebody has entirely too much free time on their hands...

"I wonder if this rubber cement'll make it go through?"

*Bang!*

"Nope. Hmm, how about this Vick's VapORub?"

*Bang!*

"Nope. Maybe this..." :D

------------------
"..but never ever Fear. Fear is for the enemy. Fear and Bullets."
10mm: It's not the size of the Dawg in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Gopher .45

I doubt it would have any affect, although if you put Krazy Glue on a bullet and put it in the magazine before the glue dries, you probably have some serious malfunctions.

Jim V

Ya' put the Krazy Glue on the bullet before loading it into the cartridge case over a triple chare of your favorite powder. Get them pressures up there and really push that bullet out. LOL

------------------
"If there be treachery, let there be jihad."
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Ed Brunner

George;
Apparently you have been penetrating something that wasn't pre-lubricated. For Shame! For Shame!! ;)

------------------
You have to be there when it's all over. Otherwise you can't say "I told you so."

Better days to be,

Ed

Imbroglio

The closest thing I can think of is similar to what Mag Safe does in their restricted AP rounds. Melt out the lead core of a HP bullet. Replace with a superglue core (they use some kind of epoxy) and load to a very high velocity.

DAL

Now cut that kind of talk out, George Hill. Women and children might read your post and be scarred for life, unable to tell right from wrong, and become incurable reprobates. Remember, this is a family forum. ;)
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
--Patrick Henry, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, ARI, NRA

Wallew

I always liked the idea of drilling out base of BT bullet. Fill almost to the top with MERCURY and then seal with some form of epoxy. Even if you missed vital organs, your target would get mercury poisoning.

Bogie

The bullet coating/teflon/whatever theories of "this will help it go through a vest" came about because the original KTW "cop killer" bullets were teflon coated. This coating was on only to protect the rifling of the weapon from the hardened penetrator. Nothing more.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
And the Remington Nyclad bullet is simply a soft lead bullet with a nylon coating. Nylon instead of the normal copper for a jacket.
Does two things.
1. Reduces lead fouling.
2. Improves cycling.

You also got a bonus:
Free expansion. With no jacket - that lead is free to mushroom all it likes. And I have seen very good and consistant mushrooming.

What you dont get:
Kevlar defeating effects.

Joel Harmon

George,

I really had to roll my eyes at that one. It was involuntary. I just felt them roll in there without my trying.

Joel

simon jester

I read somewhere that if you take a JHP and fill the cavity with ground glass and pitric acid you get a round called splat,that will almost explode on impact.Anyone else heard this?Seems even if you dont hit vital organs,target will be just as dead with ground glass in their blood stream,to say nothing of the acid.

------------------
"i do believe that where there is a choice between cowardice and violence,I would advise violence" Ghandi

BadMedicine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Hill:
Of course not...
For PENETRATION Ya gotta use KY jelly!
Everyone knows that!
[/quote]

OK guys, some things weren't ment to be penetrated. (Bullet proof vests, of course)

I heard that if you take a bullet, drill out the core, fill it half full with iron, 1/4 mercury, 1/2 ground glass and acid. Next you take and epoxy the back shut, covor the entire bullet in teflon, and seal that with crazy-glue, and load it into the shell while the crazy glue is still wet, over 3X the recommended powder load. Then take a syringe and full your barrel with vaseline. Spin around three times before shooting over you're right shoulder and this will penetrate MOST denim 15% of the time........
But seriously.... All these "home recipes," shinanigans I say!! :D