KelTec P32...how do I instal the belt clip?

jdthaddeus

I got a new KelTec P32. I am very happy with it. But, I can't get that blasted pin out for the life of me, so that I can install the belt clip.

Anyone have any experience in this?

I am using a punch and hammer, and the pin won't budge! I have tried moving it both ways, not sure which way it comes out (I think it comes out starboard to port side).

Help!

Ps- I was to understand that it came with a belt clip, but I had to buy mine....did I get ripped off?

GIT_SOME.45

No, you did not get ripped off. :)

The belt clip is an "extra", accessory that has to be bought from the factory, as well as a second mag.

Just keep "pushing" that back pin through and out, IT WILL COME OUT!

I love my Kel-Tec P32, and it is my ALWAYS gun...

Good luck and Congratulations on your new purchase,

Howard

Ragin Cajun

Sometimes the back pin is a booger to get out.

Empty gun, please. You may want to disengage the hammer spring from the end of the grip; this will release some of the pressure between the pin and the grip. Leave it inside the grip, no need to remove it, just release it.

Use a good punch of the right size. Then use a wood block with a 1/2-inch hole in it. Rest the gun on the block with the pin centered on the hole. In driving out the pin make sure you have the punch centered on the pin and the pin centered on the hole in the wood block. Take your time. Firm, sharp taps on the punch with a hammer is what you need. You may have to be very sharp.

When you go to put the metal pin for the clip in be sure it is smooth. I also file the leading end of the new pin that goes into the grip. Just enough to round (chamfer) the edge as it goes in the grip. I had one that had too sharp an edge and it jammed part way in.

When you have the new metal pin in, use BLUE Loctite on the threads of the screw. Give it time to dry.

After the pin is in I check the "fit" of the clip before I lock it down. There generally is some space between the clip and the rounded part of the grip. I take a small hammer and tap the folded parts of the clip and make them fit snug to the grip.

You can also check out http://www.ktog.org, great site.

The belt clip is the way I carry. Love it!

MP Freeman

I just saw a P32. What a neat little gun! 6.6oz unloaded? Wow. I will have one and a belt clip by the end of the year.

Regards,
MP

sox

Raggin hit it on the head, I took his approach after I mangled my first pin. Keltec gratiously sent me another gratis. It won't be an exact fit, tap the edges like Raggin suggest. I found there were two sides to the pin a concave or gently dimpled side and a rounded side. I tapped mine out with the rounded front heading out of the gun. Finally, I dremeled any sharp edges off the back. It has worked great, resembles a simply folding knife when concealed. Just a sidenote, uncle mikes makes a great pocket holster for .25autos that fits it great-only 9.95! Best of luck.