Kel-Tec Problem

branrot

My P11 shoots a little to the left. I know that I need to move the rear sight to the right, but how do I do it? Is it dovetailed like my Beretta so I can put it in a vise and whack it a few times with a brass punch and hammer? Or is it like the Glock where you need a special tool? Any suggestions?

Dave R

The rear sight is dovetailed. You can tap it with a punch. No problem. If your elevation is off, you can get front sights of different heights fro Kel-Tec.

McKamie Wilson

Branrot:

Before you go moving your sights, you ought to work on your trigger pull technique. Most people shoot a DAO left and low until they are perfectly accustomed to and comfortable with the longer and heavier trigger.

Mac

Shooting left...

It's normally caused by pulling the trigger a little to the left as you pull through, rather than pulling straignt back.
I wouldn't adjust the sight yet ... try dry firing practice on a fixed spot and holding the front sight on that spot as you pull through. Do it until the front sight doesn't move from that spot.
Also, put the trigger on the center of the pad of your finger rather at the joint. Putting it on the pad keeps the trigger going straight back.
Good luck... hope this helps.
Tom

johnwill

Actually, many folks recommend using the finger joint on a stiff DA action, I know my Keltec works better for me that way. I use the finger pad for SA pistols, like the 1911, but not for DAO guns like the Keltec. Of course, I'm totally confused when I shoot my Beretta 92F! :D:D

Catbird

I have always avoided trigger-shoes, but in the case of my Kel-Tec P11, I made an exception. It helped me. You can get it directly from Kel-Tec. You might just want to try it; if you don't like it... take it off. Installation takes about 2 minutes (tighten a setscrew).

coz

It has taken me a while to get used to shooting my P-11.

But, the Trigger shoe and the little mag extender/finger groove helps too. Gives you more to hang on to and steady during the long trigger pull.

Keep trying and you'll see that it is probably you..no offense....I can rapid fire my Springfield into the 10 ring at 15 yds, but the P11 is a bit more challenging......I feel good about Center of Mass hits with it.....but it takes a while to get accustomed to it.