Kel-Tec PMR-30

Stumper

That feeling seems to be nearly univewrsal among gun folk. I think that they are going to have a huge winner that will take years to ever achieve production that satisfies demand........unless the tyrants ban it.

ballardw

I suspect this could be considered the 2nd gen as the same folks were involved with the Grendel P-30/P-31.

One question would be will there be a carbine version as well?

I have started setting aside nickels and dimes for this one.

chris in va

Interesting they are using aluminum for the frame. That's a first for KelTec, isn't it?

I suspect they are trying to compete with the FN 5-seven, and if KelTec can keep the price down to around $500, they'll have a winner.

Walt Sherrill

wrongo! p32's have a polymer frame, with al rails.

Nope. There is a BOX-like structure, just like the other Kel-Tec guns. Not just rails. the entire firing mechanism is within the "box." It's aluminum. Called the FRAME by the maker. The magazine fits into the metal frame.
All of their pistols use the same approach. If you had ever taken one all the way down totally --, you apparently haven't -- you'd understand the difference.

All of their guns have a polymer/plastic sleeve that is slipped over the frame. These plastic sleeves, which look like a frame when removed from the gun, can be pulled off and swapped for one that's a different color. These plastic assemblies don't have the serial number and offer no structural rigidity to the gun; they aren't the frame.

Doubt it? Compare the exploded parts diagrams in the user manuals. You can see them all, here: http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/download.htm

Last edited:

Bill DeShivs

"wrongo! p32's have a polymer frame, with al rails."

Gee, I have carried a P32 and a P11 for over 11 years, own at least 8 Keltecs, plate Keltec slides, have had them apart to every conceivable piece, modified them, engraved them. You would think I might have NOTICED! :rolleyes:

hasbro_fan

Maybe

I'll take a look at them when I can, but given the price of that ammo, doubt if I will get one. I like the idea of a higher capacity hand gun in a 22.

jon_in_wv

All Keltecs are made with an aluminum frame not just slide rails. The plastic part is considered the GRIP. Look for your serial number on your Keltec and you'll find it on the aluminum frame.