Kel-Tec P32 odd colored frames

PATH

I don't feel comfortable selling this pistol with a white or blue frame. Damned if it doesn't look like a kids toy.
Am I off the mark here?

boing

I think you are. My dealer just sold a P-32, and the buyer bought the extra OD frame to go with it. I don't care for the various color schemes myself, but whatever the color, the P-32s never sit in the shop for more than a few days.

jfrancis

If it convinces a few more ladies that a P32 would look good in their purse, then it's probably a good thing (no sexism intended) :)

Matt VDW

I, too, find the toyish appearance of the P32s with the colorful frames disturbing. I suppose they sell well because of the novelty factor, but I don't like the potential for confusion with the inert plastic training guns that are colored red or blue to distinguish them from real guns.

johnwill

I think we're getting just a bit too "PC" here. Personally, if Keltec can sell them in hot pink, I'm all for it. I don't want to fall into the trap of the anti's, deciding on cosmetic features for guns...

Ledbetter

Hold on a minute

Greetings,

With the belt clip, the gun looks like a pager or similar device clipped inside the belt line. Only a tiny bit of the frame is visible. Isn't color a good camoflage for belt devices? Who would suspect that a purple bit of plastic was a .32 pistol instead of a pager?

Camoflage doesn't have to be green.

Regards.

Jody Hudson

PATH, I decided not to purchase one for the same reason. The light blue one we have in the shop has very uneven color and with the weight it seems too toy like and I had the same exact concern as you.

However the other points made here are certainly valid too.

Will Beararms

Can you say Pimpgun? There. I thought you could.

Pimp guns and downright dangerous. Appealing to children as a toy and the flash factor on a blue and white gun is horrible.

The only thing worse are those Taurus 92 Clones and model 38's with the gold plated "control knobs".

johnwill

Since none of these guns should ever find their way into the hands of children, your point seems moot. If you aren't securing your firearms properly, the color isn't going to make much of a difference.

Jody Hudson

John,

Your point is well made, of course. My concern is that someone at the range, or a BG, just might not grant the little toyish piece the total respect it deserves. Hopefully we would not make an error in having untrained kids around the house or guns not secured if there are. My option has been to have my children trained in shooting and safety from the age of 2, 3, and 4 respectively -- so that THEY are the ones who most often correct the adults who have lapses in safety.

As my daughter said, this Christmas, when someone asked if the Makarov I received as a gift had been checked for cartridges... "Yes, I was watching him and Daddy always checks first." So does she and she has since she started shooting at age 17 months. Of course then I had to operate the firearm for her and her responsibility was to ask me to check it and for her to do the looking after I did. She is 9 now and enjoys telling the other students in her class that she has a pistol and a rifle as well as a sword and several knives. So far she has not had a safety infraction, I can't say that for ANY of the other folks who work or shop in the gun shop.

The toyish look of the pistol just seemed too likely to me to be taken too lightly.

Good point though as I said John.

Ledbetter

Even in black, the P32 is not an intimidating gun . . .

. . . until your hear it go off. Mine is the standard color, but if white or a color worked better for concealment for me, I'd go with it.