Kel-tec P32 _or_ Colt Pony Pocketlite???

lonegunman

At a show, P32 was $209. I also found a stainless Colt Pony Pocketlite for $479, which seemed high, even for a gun no longer made.

I ended up getting the P32.

I would have preferred the 380 instead of the 32, but I just couldnt see spending an extra $270 for it. Also seems like the P32 would be easier to carry concealed.

What do you guys think??

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. You got an excellent little gun for the money spent.
It WILL carry very easily and while not as "powerful" as the .380, both of these calibers will require good placement to stop a determined adversary.

Best.

johnwill

I have both the Colt Mustang Pocketlite and the Keltec P32. Obviously, if I ever have to deploy the gun, I'm going to wish I had my Glock 21 with 13 rounds of .45ACP, but it doesn't carry nearly as well. :) I still carry the Mustang, though I'm working up to using the P32 now and then...

rnpollard

Pony all the way!!!

I own two Pony Pocketlites. One to carry and the other is put away. I planned on sending it to SM&A for a PCP but just don't see a point.

It carries well in a Galco Pocket Holster. It goes bang everytime and I can hit with it out to 15 yards with no problem what so ever.

I added scraps of the decal grips from my Glock to the front and back straps as well as a couple of small pieces on the rear of the slide. Works like a charm.

I carry HydraShocks and Magsafe ammo in it and love it.

I paid retail for my first one and have no regrets. The second one I bought used at a show. It was $310 with a SM&A recoil spring guide. I swapped the guide to my original carry piece and put the used model away for a rainy day.

Arub

Carry my P32 quite a bit as both a back up and sometimes as a sole carry piece. I don't think you'll have any regrets with the choice you made.

7th Fleet

I own both a Colt Mustang stainless .380 and a Kel-Tec P-32 and I haven't carried the Mustang since I got the P-32 over a year ago. I did how ever recently purchase a Kel-Tec P-40 for use as a pocket pistol. It can easily be carried in your front pocket and it is a powerful 10 shot major caliber CCW gun.

7th

Kentucky Rifle

Lonegunman

You didn't say if the Pony was NIB. If it was, then I don't think the price was too out of line. Like Johnwill, I own both a Mustang Pocketlite and a P-32. They're both perfectly reliable pistols. I paid about $379.95 for my Mustang Pocketlite when they were in gun shops. It's a very light (12.5 oz.) .380ACP and is my choice for "hip pouch" carry when I go on walks through the park with my wife. The super light P-32 (6.6 oz.), well...I can carry that almost anywhere. I usually use a pocket holster though. I bought a "left-hand" pocket clip so I can carry the P-32 in the correct position in my inside left breast jacket pocket. It's like using a shoulder holster, without the holster! I enjoy having them both.

Kentucky Rifle

RichardEdward

i love my p-32.. but would like to replace the plastic guide rod with something more substantial (anyone know where to get a replacement?)

i carry it pretty much everywhere.. in a thunderwear type holster