Kel-Tec P-32 revisited

Bob Thompson

A while back quite a number of TFLers were getting these little pistols with mostly favorable results. Are you still satisfied with it and have you found any thing you don't like?

Doug S

These are nice little guns. I just put 50 rounds of Winchester Silvertips through mine yesterday without a problem. I paid $239 before tax for the blued version with black grip. I'm very satisfied so far. I was told by a dealer and Kel-Tec that a break in period is not unusual for this pistol. On the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th magazine (1st box of ammo) my gun didn't go all the way into battery on the 7th round (have since been told by a number of people that this was probably caused by the new magazine). I then proceeded to fire the remaining three magazines from this box without any problem. Since them I have put another 150 rounds through the gun without any problems. Picked up a belt clip for $10 and a spare magazine for $17.95 at the same shop that I bought the gun.

BayouBob

I like my P-32 very much. Changed the black grip to the olive green grip and it looks nice. Don't care for the other colors. Mine has been 100% expect with the Mexican ammo, it didn't feed it well. A keeper!
BB

alamo

I am very satisfied with both of mine. Can't beat the lightweight & slimness. You got one yet Bob?

Kentucky Rifle

Bob

I bought my P-32 early on. (I was lucky to find one!) I called the factory to check on the springs of the newer models and found that, indeed the recoil springs had been upgraded to a stronger model. I sent my P-32 in for a gray grip assembly and a spring upgrade. I sent it on a wednesday. On friday OF THE SAME WEEK (!!), I got my pistol back. Not only had the grip been changed to gray, but ALL springs and internals had been replaced and a silver trigger shoe and a new magazine were added. Kel-Tec didn't charge me a cent for all this work! With it's hard chrome upper, gray frame and silver trigger shoe, my P-32 looks great! I could hardly believe that there was no charge for the service and I was simply blown away to get the pistol back in TWO days! It was even clean!
I guess you could say that I am still satisfed with my P-32! Oh, and one more thing. It's never had a malfunction with ANY type of ammo. It just keeps going and going.

Kentucky Rifle

Randy63

I can't say enough good things about my P-32. I bought mine with the gray grip and sent it back to Kel-Tec for the hard chrome upgrade. It looks great but functions even better than it looks! It eats anything I feed it with no failures of any kind. I carry it in a Hedley back pocket holster and don't even know it's there. I am consistently able to group 7 shots at 10 yards in 2"-3" groups. Thats much better than I've ever been able shoot a .38 snubbie.

Randy

Badger Arms

Only one beef. I've got a Black frame, Chrome slide version. The gun shoots very low. I have to place the front sight so that there's a space between it and the rear sight to get good hits. It's more of a point-and-shoot gun IMO and this isn't a big deal for me. Reliability has been 100% after a few hitches within the first 50 rounds. Guess my break-in period is over.

Arub

I've had mine for about 8 months now. Still carry it where I don't feel comfortable with something larger. Also carry it around the house quite a bit in my pants pocket - doesn't print.

7th Fleet

P-32

I have owned mine for right at a year now with 150 plus rounds through it and it's been totally reliable. I have six buds with them, purchased on my reccomendation and we have over 500 rounds through them, with zero problems. I paid $240.00 for mine out the door with the hard chromed slide. I love mine so much that I bought a Kel-Tec P-40 to go with it. The slide on it has been sent back for the hardchrome treatment and night sights. For you P-32 owners, the factory will hardchrome any of your slides and barrels for a measley 20 bucks, what a deal.

7th

Ledbetter

Mixed emotions, but I'm glad I have one.

The workmanship isn't great, but the customer service is. Compare the quality and workmanship with a small Beretta. But the unavoidable point is that the gun only weighs 6 ounces unloaded. After you have a P32, there's never a reason to be without a gun.

I have to qualify with mine at fifteen yards for my CCW. I noticed that at that range the gun shot way low and to the left. I sent the gun to Kel Tec with a note describing the situation and got the gun back in a week, shooting right to point of aim.

Regards.

Big Al

Count me in on thumbs up for the P32. I have the hard chrome version. It's had about 8-900 rounds through it so far without a jam. However, the stock mag springs weren't strong enough to lock the slide open when using the +1 entensions.

So far, the little spitwad has taken a crow and a possum. The crow fell to arguably the luckiest shot in the world from a Fiocchi FMJ, and the possum gave up the ghost to a pair of Cor-Bon HPs.

-AL-

Grapeshot

I'm with Ledbetter ....

I think everyone should experience one of these.

I had to send my P32 back for some bizarre out-of-the-box problems, but customer service was excellent and FAST. Since I got the gun back, it's been 100% reliable.

Mine also shoots low, but I just compensate for it.

But with all of its positive qualities, I still prefer to carry my Beretta Tomcat Inox because the P32 just doesn't "point" right for me. I don't want to sell it though, since I paid too much for it in the first place and then spent another 30 bucks for UPS to ship it back to the factory. I could never get out of it what I've put in it.

Oh well, someday I might want an "ankle gun".