Kel-Tec/Grendel Misfires

woodit

I had a new Kel-Tec P-11. It misfired a lot. I have second-hand Grendel P-12 with perhaps 100 rounds through it. It misfires a lot.

Is there some solution to this or is Kel-Tec/Grendel just a lousy gun?

Thanks.

johnwill

Send the Keltec back to the factory, they have a lifetime warranty, and they're pretty good about fixing them. Toss the Grendel in the trash.

stinger

Wow, it's been quite a while since I have heard anyone speak of the infamous Grendel. Don't chunk it, but don't count your life on it either. It can still be a fun range gun.

I second the other poster's response about contacting Kel-Tec. They may have you send it in or they might send you something to fix your pistol, who knows. But they have EXCELLENT customer service, probably better than 99% of gun makers out there. They will make it right.

Stinger

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
woodit, it sounds like a weak spring. There is an outfit called Schrades or something similar in Texas that bought out Grendel's parts when the company went out of business. I don't have the contact info right at hand but I bought some parts for a couple of P-30s a couple of years ago from them. George