Kel Tec Continues to innovate, 30 rds of 22WMR due out 2Q 2010

TRguy

PMR30_8297.jpg

The PMR-30 is a light weight, full size pistol chambered for the flat-shooting .22Magnum cartridge (.22WMR). The PMR-30 operates on a unique hybrid
blowback/locked-breech system. This operation system allows for the use of a wide variety of ammunition as it seamlessly adjusts between locked breach and blowback
operation, depending on the pressure of the cartridge. It uses a double stack magazine of a new design that holds 30 rounds and fits completely in the grip of the pistol.
The trigger is a crisp single action with an over-travel stop. The manual safety is a thumb activated ambidextrous safety lever (up for SAFE, down for FIRE). The slide locks back after the last shot and a manual slide lock lever is also provided. The light, crisp trigger pull and fiber optic sights make the PMR-30 ideal for target shooting and hunting small game.

Slide and barrel are 4140 steel, frame is 7075 aluminum. Grip, slide cover, trigger, mag release, and safety levers are glass reinforced Nylon (Zytel), much like other Kel-Tec Pistols. Magazine is Also Zytel and holds 30 rounds, with round count ports. Other features include: dual opposing extractors for reliability, heel magazine release to aid in magazine retention, dovetailed aluminum front sight, Picatinny accessory rail under the barrel, Urethane recoil buffer, captive coaxial recoil springs. The barrel is
fluted for light weight and effective heat dissipation. PMR30 disassembles for cleaning by removal of a single pin.

Expected Availability: Quarter 2, 2010
Expected MSRP: $415
Caliber: .22 Magnum (.22WMR)
Barrel length 4.3”
Length: 7.9”
Height: 5.8”
Grip Width: 1.1”
Max width, across safety levers: 1.3”
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Trigger pull: 3.5 to 5 lbs
Weight (no mag): 13.6 oz.
Muzzle Velocity (40 gr): 1230 fps
Made in USA
More info will be available at the SHOT show 2010 Kel-Tec Booth (#2825)

Dave T

Someone had to do it. Not really surprised Kel-Tec is the one. If it's reliable I bet it sells like hotcakes! (smile)

Dave

azredhawk44

I mostly just want it to make DiFi and friends wet themselves. 30 rounds zOMG I bet it has a shoulderthingthatgoesup, too!

Baba Louie

Better start hoarding all the .22mag you can get your hands on. Feeding that fugly thing is going to be E X P E N S I V E.

But I think I might kinda, maybe sorta, want one... if the grip is user friendly, so I'd best start buying ammo now. Hmmm 30 rd. mags... 50 rds per box... yep, gonna be expensive (about $100 per 500 rds).

Furminator

I'm really excited about this one as well. Kel Tec gets a lot verbal abuse, but I have to say that they are one of the few companies right now coming out with products that seem innovative to me. In my mind, most (not all) of their issues come from them pushing the envelope on what's pracitical. Of course, I've met few guns I don't like. I even like Ravens!

Pyzon

Anybody want to buy an almost never shot and never ever carried AMT Automag II ? Looks pretty cool to me.

jimmyjohnsonjr

looks good but will it feed ?

if it works and feeds sounds like a good idea , 22 ammo is always a problem to feed . Beretta had some fine 22's but kept the mag to 8 rounds , beretta couldnt get around the magazine problems ? I had a little Minx that worked like a charm I think it was a 6 rd mag & they were shorts but its was as a fine little plinker , the kids loved it, funny I dont even see 22 shorts anymore ?

pinetree

I really like it. I would not be one of the first buyers though. I am curious about the feeding reliability. Would be a handy gun in the woods.

SigP6Carry

JJSR, it seems that you're talking about .22LR/S/R and not .22WMR, which is a very different round. This feeds .22 WMR, which is the more powerful (and from what I've heard more reliable) of the .22 RF ammo out there.