Kel-Tec announces a KSG in .410.

JasoninSD

I saw that at SHOT Show last week and it is cute. Had a retail price of $500. It was much more slim than the 12 ga version. By my estimation, it is not really practical....but a lot of guns are purchased with no particular practicality.

Dfariswheel

Mossberg made a lot of money selling .410 home defense guns.
For certain Kel-Tec has done a market study that indicated a good market, or they wouldn't have made it.

MTT TL

They should have made it with quad magazines and a 50 round capacity. You could load one magazine with slugs, one with buck shot, one with bird shot and one with naval flares.

This way you could truly be ready for anything a .410 can handle.

Dfariswheel

Kel-Tec has long had a reputation for marketing very innovative designs that have quality problems.
They appear to be changing that with their new bullpup rifles and shotguns.

The KS7 is especially good quality without the problems of the KSG double magazine complexity.
The KS7 and KSG are versions of the John Browning Ithaca Model 37, which is one of the best of the old pre-war "tank" shotgun designs.

TruthTellers

Mossberg made a lot of money selling .410 home defense guns.
For certain Kel-Tec has done a market study that indicated a good market, or they wouldn't have made it.
Kel Tec doesn't listen to popular misconceptions that have been repeated ad naseum for so long they've become truth. That's why they still make a .32 pistols and no longer a .380, that's why they did a bullpup shotgun when every FUDD is clinging to his traditional bird gun with wood stocks and 3 rd tubes.

3 inch .410's are overlooked and while they're not going to throw as much shot as 20 or 28 gauge, they're not incapable. The clear benefit for .410 is in a home defense role with its limited recoil and decent effect on target. 5 000 buck pellets do a darn good job and the lightweight bullpup design is going to make quick shooting a breeze.

And it looks as tho the price is going to be around $350. Given the poor reviews I see of the Mossberg .410 pumps, I would pick a Kel Tec .410 in a heartbeat over anythign else.