"Keep and Bear" - Movie on Amazon Prime

rpseraph

I am 50 minutes into a 1hr 16min documentary on Amazon called "Keep and Bear." It is really well made, a very level headed and thought provoking look at beginning firearm ownership. Also, interesting information on AR-15s. I recommend it, and would also suggest it to non-gun people who want something like a movie they can passively watch on their own time.

Here is summary from Amazon:
Californian filmmaker Darren Doane (Collision Unstoppable, Free Speech Apocalypse) packed up everything and moved his family to Idaho. One thing they didn't bring was a gun. That's because their family doesn't own a gun. Imagine their surprise when they arrived in Idaho only to discover that their new friends and neighbors were proud American gun owners, exerting their right to Keep and Bear

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076B5CKFR

jugornot

A little bit of movie magic, but very valid points. The reason it became an army weapon is because it was cheap and ammo was light. I wonder from army instructors point of view, whether the best marksmen are made by the army or were marksmen before joining the army.

I saw this a week or so ago. It was OK. The guy seemed a bit fake to me. It was definitely positive towards firearms though, especially the AR.

DaleA

I saw this a week or so ago. It was OK. The guy seemed a bit fake to me.

I watched it and had about the same feelings. It's received very good reviews on Amazon.

I'd say this though, show it to a group of people and I'd bet 90% would like to go try out an AR-15 outdoors on a nice sunny day like the guy and his wife did in the film. It really does a good job of "undemonizing" the AR so for that I'd give it the Amazon max five stars rating.

SonOfScubaDiver

Well, you have to be a member of Prime in order to see it. I'm not going to join yet another streaming service, so I guess I won't be watching this movie.

DaleA

It occurred to me this is the kind of thing I should be seeing on Public TV. It's got an individual looking into an issue on their own and doing some research and putting it together in a technically competent package.

If they (Public TV) wanted to be diverse and inclusive and expose their audience to a wide variety of experiences this would be just the thing.

And....I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens but seriously this is totally in 'the style' of many, many Public TV shows.

P.S. I also REALLY, REALLY hope that the person that put this video together is telling the truth about his original experience with guns. It's a good documentary and would be tarnished/spoiled if it turns out he is/was a gun guy all along and misrepresented himself. And I have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to think he is not being honest save for his wide-eyed innocence about guns at the start of the video.

And I will state again that after watching this video I think 90% of any audience would like to go out on a nice day on a nice shooting range like is in the video and fire an AR-15---which of course is a Good Thing.

Emerson Biggies

I'm a Prime subscriber. I'm unable to watch it on my XP desktop so I tried my RoKu box and found it there. The movie was great, except for the sometimes horrible and too loud background music. Re-inforces what I believe to be the government working to destroy our constitutional rights.