KCI Glock Mags - Yay or Nay?

veprdude

Who has personal experience with KCI Glock mags and what is your opinion of them in regards to price, reliability, etc.?

CarJunkieLS1

My brother has a few for his CMMG 45ACP he's has had no issues with them. If your looking at 9mm ones I'd buy Magpul mags instead though.

Nodak1858

Thumbs up, have a bunch for my G19s, no issues with any of them.
Should have added the 15 round ones is what I have, no experience with the larger stick mags. Do have a drum mag that works well, no issues with that. have HEARD the 33 round ones suffer from weak springs, but only second hand info.

lee n. field

Who has personal experience with KCI Glock mags and what is your opinion of them in regards to price, reliability, etc.?

budget to replace the springs, then they'd be ok as range magazines. Go OEM for carry.

have HEARD the 33 round ones suffer from weak springs, but only second hand info.

I've got a bunch (from 7-8 years ago when I'd pick one out of the cheapo box every time I'd drop by a particular shop, plus a 33 rounder I ordered out). They all had week springs.

AK103K

Ive been using a lot of about 20 of KCI and KHAN Korean 9mm 17 mags on a weekly basis as range mags for about 10 years now. I also have around 15 or so of their 19 mags as well.

At this point, Id trust them as I would the factory Glock mags. I never had any troubles or issues with them, and they have been cycled constantly.

I did replace some of them with Wolff springs when I ran into some ejection issues, but that turned out to be worn out brass, and not the gun or mags. Im still shooting mags that are 10+ years old and are still on the original springs and they work fine.

I also have a few of their 33 rounders, and they have not been as reliable, and more prone to stoppages. I also have a bunch of factory Glock 33 rounders, and they havent been 100% either, but they do run better than the Korean 33 rounders.

This past fall, I bought a bunch of Korean 19 mags (I think it was at Gun Mag Warehouse) for $5 a mag, but they turned out to be another make than KCI when I got them. They function/shoot fine, but they will not drop free when empty. They do if there are some rounds left in them, but not empty. Just be aware if all they say is "Korean mags". They arent all made by KCI.

Onward Allusion

I have about a dozen of the KCI's in 9mm, however, I only will use them at the range. The most notable difference is their ability to smoothly feed steel cased ammo. The KCI's will sometimes have the cartridges bind in the mag. This happens about 10% of the time.

I do think that the springs are slightly weaker than OEM which may be the reason it doesn't do as well with rougher cases like steel cased ammo.